Thursday, June 15, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Dressed in Black

    Well, you wonder why I always dress in black.
    -Johnny Cash, "The Man in Black"

    And now, ladies and gentlemen, girls and boys, I bring you the most boring blog post in the entire world! That's right folks - come on down! No photos! No witty prose! No cool links! But at least it's not very long. . .

    I owe something like a million (or maybe 40?) emails, but we've been having serious internet connectivity issues. Somewhere between Cox, Motorola, and us, we have never managed to have a functioning connection and a functioning modem at the same time. I blog through the graces of the San Diego Public Library, but, alas, they have a bandwidth limit on uploads and downloads. No long podcasts; no cool photos on the blog. As you may have heard about DoD/VA information security issues recently, we cannot access web-based email from any Navy computers. Ironically, I can blog all I want, but I can't get the photos. So there you have it. I'm doing what I can until then, and we should be fully functional with internet at home by Saturday. In the meantime, well, leave a comment. I can read (and post to) my blog all day long (between all that other stuff I have to do, like Intern Orientation, i.e. paperwork).

    Admittedly, I could have sought out internet access last evening, but I went to the Padres game instead. It was great fun, and I got to knit about 4 inches of my new cotton-blend black socks. Maybe you're lucky that I don't have any photos of it . . .

    10 Comments:

    Blogger Lynda said...

    Get you - already knitting at baseball games, getting into your new California lifestyle!!

    Hey -we'll read whatever you write, even without pictures!

    6/15/2006 1:07 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Hi Theresa,
    Photos or no photos, we're here for you. My blog is descending into a round-up of old craft projects as I spend all my time packing and not knitting.

    The baseball game sounds fun! I can't to join the NCLS!

    6/15/2006 2:40 PM  
    Blogger Meg said...

    Are the Padres your team of choice for your NCLS? They were always the single west coast team I could palate when I was growing up on the east coast. Something about their very seventies colours. (And since I was growing up in the 70s I wasn't being all retro-cool in my appreciation of their uniforms, was I?)

    6/15/2006 4:12 PM  
    Blogger Laura said...

    Sounds like your settling in to YourNewCaliforniaLifestyle! Unfortunately, MyNewParisLifestyle is not happening yet. LOL!

    6/15/2006 5:08 PM  
    Blogger Laura said...

    By the way, I bought some Hempathy at WEBS, and I thought I remembered that you had used it recently. If that is so, what did you think? If I am having a senior moment, sorry. :)

    6/15/2006 5:09 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Yeah - we can't access web-based email at school either, and I can't even log into bloglines as the district thinks it might be "offensive." Blech. Not that I have time anyway to read blogs at school - but it's nice to dream!

    6/15/2006 6:38 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We are just glad you continue to keep posting, pics or not!

    6/16/2006 7:00 AM  
    Blogger Toasty Joe said...

    Looking forward to attending a Mets-Phillies tilt out a Petco next year.

    6/16/2006 8:02 AM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    Will call you tonight. This no email thing blows.

    6/16/2006 9:06 AM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    No internet connection is bad but I think you owe it to your new town to go to the game. But darn. No pix of black sox? lol.

    6/16/2006 3:17 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home