Thursday, June 01, 2006

  • Main Page
  • The Amazing Lace Challenge #1

    To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.
    -Chinese Proverb

    Thanks for all the fabulous comments yesterday. You should have seen the look on Billy's face when I showed him. At first he was resistant, but after 300-some miles of the middle of Tennessee, he was beginning to talk about starting a knitting blog. Not knitting yet, but we have time.

    In other news, Rachel and I had big plans to put up our challenge responses early. We were the co-hosts. We wanted to set an example. Then we had to add 450+ of you to the sidebar. So, under the wire, just before the June 4th deadline for Challenge #1 of The Amazing Lace, here's my entry.

    The road trip begins.

    Following directions is important.

    But all along the way, it's about enjoying the experience. The smooth shifting of the gears. The soft hand of the merino-silk blend. The music on the radio. The company of my brother. The entire country flying by on the windshield.

    Lace is a journey, not a destination.

    13 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cute! I'm looking forward to seeing the shawl in progress. I'm planning on knitting it with the same fiber, differnt colorway. But another time.

    Enjoy the journey!

    6/01/2006 7:02 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    I love the road signs!

    6/01/2006 7:05 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    the road signs are awesome! :)

    [I love Peacock Feathers and that color of Zephyr! ]

    6/01/2006 7:18 PM  
    Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

    The signs are great - you are so clever!

    Love the color.

    Go Billy!

    6/01/2006 7:40 PM  
    Blogger Mintyfresh said...

    I don't think anyone else has shot their yarn in the car! Great job; can't wait to see your progress. You are, after all, meant to lead by example :)

    6/02/2006 4:51 AM  
    Blogger Marsha said...

    Durn, you should have stopped by to say hello on your way thru Tennessee!

    6/02/2006 5:59 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We continue the "twins separated at birth" (and about 30 years!) thing. I, too, am doing Peacock Feathers! It's a great knit - this is my second one. You will love the directions - they couldn't be more clear, nice large chart and the finished shawl is spectacular. Are we actually sucking Billy in????
    Dorothy (Missouri Star)
    dswaite@mac.com

    6/02/2006 7:31 AM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    Cute!!!! You clever girl!

    6/02/2006 3:44 PM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Those signs are brilliant! Heck, if he's talking about a knitting blog by mid-Tennessee - just wait till you get to the Great Plains.

    6/02/2006 7:47 PM  
    Blogger Lorette said...

    I absolutely love your road signs! And your yarn color! And the pattern you picked! (Is that enough exclamation points?)

    6/03/2006 5:42 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'd like to suggest that my challenge entry, posted 20 minutes before the deadline, made yours look positively EARLY. Think we can do better next time?

    By the way, when I post my comment the first choice for "choose an identity" is Theresa (my Blogger display name) because of my accessing your blog this morning. I keep being tempted to comment on your posts (or other people's posts -- evildoer laughter) as you.

    6/05/2006 2:27 PM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    The road signs are awesome. Your tech-clueless friends stand in awe.

    6/05/2006 4:29 PM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    Oooh, you have a 6 speed. Jealous.

    6/09/2006 8:12 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home