Wednesday, May 17, 2006

  • Main Page
  • How Felicitous!

    The pause - that impressive silence, that eloquent silence,
    that geometrically progressive silence,
    which often acheives a desired effect where no combination of words,
    howsoever felicitous, could accomplish it.

    -Mark Twain

    This is a great week.* I received the best ever Sockapaloooza package from Carola all the way from Iceland. See all the cool Icelandic goodies? Remember how much I liked Scandinavia?
    I actually received the package on Saturday, but Carola, the supercool Icelandic sockpal, understood why I wanted to wait to blog about it today. Can you see it?That was subtle, right? Felix and I were finally reunited this week. (He enjoyed the boat ride very much.) The red! So much red! Carola clearly did her homework for this package. She sent me the most lovely red (and it's really the same color as my new car) Pomotomamus socks (which fit perfectly, and we all remember that I really had no success with that pattern, right?). . . in a sock box!
    We all know how kindly disposed I am to sock boxes, right? This box is red all over (to match all the other red, of course), and has a map and some photographs of Iceland decorating it. I can only assume the ladybug is marking where Carola lives, which is cool. (Although she might regret that when I show up on her doorway unannounced!)
    Isn't the sock pattern beautiful? She even included extra yarn in the event that I need to darn them. And just for comparison's sake again:
    It's home.

    *Oh, and that Navy thing? I forget that people started reading the blog at different times. Clearly, it's not a secret. I was comissioned an Ensign, Medical Corps, US Navy Reserve my first year of medical school and now I'm going on active duty (LT, MC, USNR) when I graduate. They paid for medical school; I owe them three years as a Navy doc. I think it's a great deal that lets me move to San Diego, practice medicine, and serve in my country's uniform. Thanks for all your congratulations and kind words.

    14 Comments:

    Blogger Disentangled said...

    What fun red goodies, both large and small!

    5/17/2006 1:12 PM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    Felicitations. Can't wait to meet Felix next weekend.

    Also, updates on chuppah dimensions. Is it possible to make it a little...larger? Don't kill me.

    5/17/2006 1:23 PM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    Gotta agree that that's about the best Sockapaloooza package I've seen. Really neat box! Glad Felix is home, safe and sound.

    5/17/2006 1:40 PM  
    Blogger Carola said...

    What an unification! I am so happy that the socks are there and also delighted (and only a little jeaulous) about seeing Felix again. Great car! Congratulations on becoming a navy doc as well! You are not afraid that the there might be some time soon when life is not all that exciting anymore? Oh, well, you are moving, there's a new job, and you are hosting the summer of Amazing Lace.. it's true, I can't see that, too. ;-)

    5/17/2006 2:29 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Lovely socks! Love how the pattern looks in a solid color too! And Felix is a beaut as well! Too bad you didn't match at our base! We coulda been neighbors! But yeah, I'd take San Diego too over the Texas heat!

    5/17/2006 3:17 PM  
    Blogger Jenny Raye said...

    Felix is home!!! How cool! Bet you fell in love all over again. LOVE the red P-socks and how fortuitious that they match the new man in your life.

    5/17/2006 4:17 PM  
    Blogger Meg said...

    Love the pomatomus in a solid colour. Also love your neeeew car! (New cars just have to be red, don't they.) Hope you get to visit Oz when you're on active Naval duty!

    5/17/2006 4:49 PM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    Yea~! Felix is home!! He's very cute ;)

    5/17/2006 6:26 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    Wow, this is a red, red, red week for you! The socks look super comfy. I am so glad your car came, especially in time for the (finally!) warm weather!

    5/17/2006 7:56 PM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    Yay! Red is a great color on you! Huzzah for Felix, and sock boxes.

    5/17/2006 9:24 PM  
    Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

    I love all things Scandihoovian as well, you lucky gal! Good luck with the new phase of your life...

    5/17/2006 10:22 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think what's needed is a photo of you in the car, wearing the socks, with your feet out the window. Bonus points if the car is in motion, but I recommend you find someone else to drive it in that case.

    5/18/2006 6:44 AM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    Matching socks and car! What a great idea. I wonder what make & model comes in variegated?

    5/18/2006 2:50 PM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    How wonderful! Felix and matching P socks and a sock box. The joy, the joy. :)

    5/19/2006 4:29 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home