Sunday, May 07, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Boy, Am I Ever!

    True friends stab you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde


    Knitting along, that is. Back by popular demand (well, Kristen said she liked it, so if you don't, blame her), here's our weekly semi-weekly occasional knitalong update, to prove that I can knit well with others.

    The Amazing Lace
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Of course the knitalong Rachel and I are co-hosting gets top billing - it's just the best. It's a summer lace-knitting meets traveling extreme adventure sports. I'm starting with the Peacock Feathers Shawl from Fiddlesticks in a deep red Zephyr. Because my life is just that good.

    Sockapaloooza
    Image hosting by Photobucket
    The Chalet Socks are done and winging their way towards their (tragically blogless) destination. I received a comment that my sockpal is delayed a bit, so I'll let you know when they arrive.

    Sock Yarn Addicts Club
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    The concept is brilliant, and oh-so-appropriate. I mean, the Stashalong went so well (really, it did), that I thought a sock-yarn-focused version would be great. I stocked up on sock yarn in Germany so that I would be ready for any natural disasters, wars, famines, or acts of God, and I was ready. I even joined two Nancy Bush sock knitalongs so that I could knit up some of my sockyarn. And then disaster struck: I needed more sockyarn for the knitalong. . . . I bought sock yarn on May 2nd. I can keep it to that one day.

    Knitting on the Road Along
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    This was the first knitting book I ever bought. I bought it at a time when I could do nothing but garter and stockinette. But I had ambition, and I thought the patterns were gorgeous. Still do. I've made more than half of them at this point, several of them twice. I'm looking forward to the knitalong to get to the rest. Starting with the Denmark sock in Artyarns Supermerino. Won't that be lovely?

    Vintage Socks Knitalong
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    This is Nancy Bush's newest book, so I've only knit one of the patterns (Gentlemen's Fancy Socks for my dad's birthday). The rest are gorgeous, and I'm already enjoying the Fancy Silk Stocking in the Lorna's Laces that I won in a contest on Leah's blog. Photos coming in the week ahead. I have them with me in New York City this weekend, so they'll get be further along after more quality time on the New York City subway.

    Count Your Socks
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Add one more to my tally! I finished my 95nd pair of socks with my sockapalooza socks. And I have #96 and #97 on the needles now. But the real news of the week is that those d*&&*^d argyles are no longer. I ripped them. See the messiness of the diamonds on the right? The KnitPicks Essentials sock yarn is stringy and without much loft. Not ideal. While I love the thought of real, fingering-weight argyles, it turns out that worsted weight will do just as well for the Master Knitters program. Cascade 220, here I come!

    Knit the Classics
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Reading: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice! An all-time favorite, even before Colin Firth went swimming through the pond.
    Knitting: It's all about lace, amazing lace. And I'm all about finishing at the moment. So I think I'm going to try to finish my lace pillowcloth edgings this month. Seems like a nice early-19th century thing, right? It actually involves sewing, so we'll see how that goes.

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Jocele said...

    "An all-time favorite, even before Colin Firth went swimming through the pond."

    That certainly doesn't hurt thought, does it? I'm pondering joining this KAL.

    5/07/2006 1:14 PM  
    Blogger Pat K said...

    Okay, I'm intrigued. What are you knitting the pillowcase edging from? What size needles? Thanks.

    5/07/2006 4:34 PM  
    Blogger Kim said...

    You are going to be busy! It looks like a great list of KALs though :)

    5/07/2006 6:41 PM  
    Blogger jennhx said...

    That little lace bit is stunning so far. Especially on background of bring spring flowers!

    5/07/2006 10:18 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So what socks are you going to do for pair #100? Seems to me they have to be something spectacular, something to plan ahead for.

    While I am a moderate Jane Austen fan, I am not ashamed to admit that my love for Colin Firth far surpasses that of the great author. Okay, I'm a little ashamed to admit it.

    5/08/2006 4:38 AM  
    Blogger Lene said...

    This post about all these knit-alongs is very inspiring!
    Thank you!

    5/08/2006 11:05 AM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    Oooh, I am quite jealous of all of your KAL memberships. Why do I have a feeling I am going to spend this weekend KAL searching instead of packing?

    5/11/2006 8:30 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home