Wednesday, May 03, 2006

  • Main Page
  • We Have Yarn in Rhode Island, Too

    Plain women are always jealous of their husbands.
    Beautiful women never are. They are always so occupied
    with being jealous of other women's husbands.
    -Oscar Wilde

    I'm so not jealous of all the people going to fiber festivals. Nope. Not at all. You know why?My Fiddlesticks order. I'm so in love. I'm going to make lace. It's going to be beautiful. This summer is all about lace (and if I haven't told you yet today that I love you that you should sign up for The Amazing Lace, get thee thither). I'm starting with the Peacock Feathers Shawl in the deep red Zephyr, and then I'll move onto the Lily of the Valley Stole in the sable brown Zephyr. It has nupps. I'm in love.

    And also: My, um, er, sock yarn. I needed it. The Artyarns Supermerino pink-green is for the Denmark socks for the Knitting on the Road Knitalong. (What? A Nancy Bush sock pattern I've never knit? Crazy.) I need to maintain my good-standing. The Artyarns Ultramerino weight gunmetal-colored yarn is for the New England socks, also from Knitting on the Road. I think these will be therapeutic, help me deal with the separation anxiety issues that accompany leaving the city I've lived in for eight years. (Plus - they're lace!) Because no matter what the question, handknit socks are definitely the answer.

    17 Comments:

    Blogger sheep#100 said...

    Nice score!

    5/03/2006 7:04 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have had the priviledge of squishing that very Zephyr yarn and can assure you all that doing so was a peak experience. It made me feel inspired to knit lace myself, and to join a lace knitalong, say, maybe, The Amazing Lace?

    5/03/2006 7:12 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Alway and forever! Amen!

    I love that pink-green Artyarns! I may have to get me some of that!

    And I have Cinnabar Sephyr slotted for the Peacock Feathers Shawl after I saw what it looks like over at Sweet Georgia!

    Just lovely!

    5/03/2006 7:23 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That would be Zephyr, now wouldn't it?

    5/03/2006 7:24 AM  
    Blogger Liz said...

    Rhode Island? Do you have to swim to get there? (and other idiotic questions I faced while attending school there).

    5/03/2006 7:45 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Can't wait to see your progress on Peacock! And Artyarns socks are on my very long list.....

    5/03/2006 7:56 AM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    Always the answer - I like that motto.

    5/03/2006 8:12 AM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    I like those Fiddlestick patterns. Do you think I'm ready for the Flirty Ruffles shawl? Am I an advanced beginner? Intermediate? I don't get these categories.

    5/03/2006 8:36 AM  
    Blogger Wendy said...

    Looks like my summer list collides with your summer list -- of course, my Peacock Shawl won't be knit with Rhode Island wool - just some ol' thing I pick up at Maryland S& W . . . not that you're jealous.

    Wendy

    5/03/2006 12:40 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    The yarn is lovely. You know, (hint hint wink wink) WEBS is within driving distance too. It isn't a fiber festival but a tent sale isn't that shabby of a deal.

    Also, E has made the peacock shawl. She was asking me the other day if you wanted to see pictures of it, so I am sure if you need any help/motivation, she would help out. I also vaguely remember her speaking highly of Fiddlesticks' charts.

    5/03/2006 1:04 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Your lace knitting is so kicking my lace knitting's butt!
    And I agree - handknit socks (even if it's 100 degrees out!) are always the answer.
    Love that pink and green combo!

    5/03/2006 1:14 PM  
    Blogger Meg said...

    Grey yarn for New England separation anxiety socks...perfect!

    5/03/2006 4:55 PM  
    Blogger Pat K said...

    I love the pink and green. I'll be visiting Rhode Island next month, maybe I should go yarn hunting while I'm there.

    5/03/2006 4:55 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Theresa!

    I still need your addresses so that I can send out the sock yarn you won on my site! I've sent a couple e-mails to you, but I'm not sure if they went through. Please shoot me your addy via e-mail, so I can get your yarn out to you. Thanks!

    5/03/2006 7:48 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh man, that should say address. I need your address...It's been such a long day..... =)

    5/03/2006 7:50 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Got it this time, thanks. Not sure what was going on before...very odd. But then odd things seem to happen to me.

    5/03/2006 8:05 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice haul. No need to justfy new sock yarn purchases! A girl needs her socks!

    Can't wait to see your lace.

    5/06/2006 4:42 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home