Sunday, April 30, 2006

  • Main Page
  • The Amazing Lace

    Summer afternoon, summer afternoon;
    to me those have always been the two most beautiful words
    in the English language.
    -Henry James
    Every production of an artist should be
    the expression of an adventure of his soul.
    -William Somerset Maugham

    Get out your lace and get ready for a summer adventure! Rachel and I are taking our lace places it has never been. She's knitting lace in Europe; I'm knitting lace on my grand cross-country road trip; you may be knitting your lace anywhere from the melting polar icecaps to your neighbor’s backyard BBQ. No matter how near or far you’re going, everybody knits lace in the summer, so get that knitting off the couch and show it a good time.
    The Amazing Lace: Summer 2006 Reality Show Knitalong! With Rachel and I as your co-hosts, you and the knitted lace object of your choice will form a team to face a series of challenges over the course of the summer. So pick a lace — a shawl, a camisole, a pair of socks, a dishcloth, or a beginner’s scarf with many (unintentional) holes — any lace will do, so long as you can work together as a team.

    This is a summer lace knitalong, from Memorial Day to Labor Day, and it has all the good things a knitalong should have. Go to The Amazing Lace to check out the buttons, the webrings, and all the important details. Like how to sign up.

    But this is not just your average, every-day knitalong. This is a knitalong with twists. Challenges. Events. This is knitting as sport. And it's not just an organized, civilized team sport like polo or golf. This is an extreme sport, a chance for you and your knitting to push yourselves to work together as a team when faced with external challenges. Every two weeks there will be issued a challenge in the form of a “clue” that you will need to interpret creatively on your blog. There will be voting. There will be winners. There will be prizes.

    You know you want to. It's going to be great. To join, head on over to The Amazing Lace, because all the action has it's own extra special blog (although you'll hear a lot about it here, too) and sign up. You can also comment here, email me, or email amazinglace AT licketyknit DOT com. Because it's just that fun.

    Disclaimer: The Amazing Lace has no connection with The Amazing Race (CBS; Television Without Pity). We do not have a million dollars of prize money; you will not be on national television.

    10 Comments:

    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    Oh Theresa, I think I am going to have join this. I even have the yarn! Keep your fingers crossed that I don't stupidly injure myself right before the challenge starts.

    4/30/2006 9:32 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your quotes are always so apt that I'm starting to think you just make them up, confident that no one will call your bluff.

    Thanks for proposing this knitalong -- I'm having a great time so far and it hasn't even started yet!

    5/01/2006 4:17 AM  
    Blogger Elizabeth said...

    What a great idea! I was already planning to knit Branching Out from Knitty, so this will make sure it gets done.

    5/01/2006 4:50 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    I'm in!

    5/01/2006 5:21 AM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    Ah, I can't wait. You have to help me pick the perfect shawl pattern, and the yarn. Maybe when I come up for graduation?

    5/01/2006 11:05 AM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    Who is joining you on your road trip? Will you be stuck in any of the Dakotas again? Should I be posting quotes up from your last cross-country road trip?

    5/01/2006 5:09 PM  
    Blogger Nikki said...

    Fun! I'm in!

    5/01/2006 9:28 PM  
    Blogger Nikki said...

    I guess I should have added: please sign me up! ;o)

    5/01/2006 9:29 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    T, I am curious, is your travel partner going to join the lace knitalong? He will plenty of free time during your road trip.

    5/02/2006 2:45 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    11/22/2009 3:08 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home