Thursday, May 11, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Random Thursday

    You've got to play to win.
    -The Massachusetts Lottery Comission

    Because Random Wednesday is more random on a Thursday. It is Thursday, right?

    1. Thanks for all the insight on Rogue. I wore it yesterday to ponder (yes, it was cold enough), and I decided two things:
    1. It's done. It's on the FO list. It's totally wearable and the hood is the coolest thing ever.
    2. I will probably order a zipper when I get to San Diego and have a reliable mailing address long enough to get a custom zipper. Then we will experiment more, and probably leave a top toggle. I think. Anyone in San Diego have a sewing machine?
    3. I want another one. Now. Maybe Silky Wool? Maybe a linen-blend? I need one in an off-white crisp-hand summer yarn. Thoughts?
    2. Look what I won!
    Tam at Knit Once, Purl Forever had an exciting contest a while back, and she sent me this lovely Mountain Colors Bearfoot. It's no surprise that I love sock yarn, and this is one I've really wanted to try for a while. Thanks, Tam!

    3. Apparently I have a package at home - a suspiciously foreign package that very well may contain my sockapaloooza socks. My parents are still trying to figure out where it came from, but suspect Iceland. How cool is that? I'll get in Saturday.

    4. If you require more scintillating knit blogging today, may I suggest that you look at my recent Amazing Lace post. Good reading. And seriously, a gal can only write so many blog posts at a time.

    6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love those colors. You'll love the yarn! Congrats on the loot!

    5/11/2006 12:25 PM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    I have a sewing machine...although it does seem to have a layer of protective dust on it ;-)

    P.S. congrats on your win and your Rogue FO!

    5/11/2006 12:58 PM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    That yarn is beautiful.

    Rogue came out fabulous! I love the color. Toggle should be fine until San Diego, and probably you'll never zip it up there anyway. It's like 70 degrees in the dead of winter.

    Three weeks? Awesome! Congratulations!

    5/11/2006 3:41 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just a thought - I hand sewed my Rogue zipper in - took small backstitches and it came out looking great. I felt I had more control that way than with the machine.
    Dorothy
    http://missouristar.typepad.com
    dswaite@mac.com

    5/11/2006 5:57 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    Mysterious packages! There is nothing better than getting a package slip in your mailbox or in your case, a phone call from your parents!

    5/11/2006 8:39 PM  
    Blogger Lorette said...

    The Bearfoot is lovely. So is your Rogue. I think the zipper/toggle combo is a perfect compromise. And I am seriously considering knitting a second one as well.

    5/14/2006 3:35 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home