Tuesday, May 30, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Double Your Pleasure

    Double Your Pleasure, Kiss Me Twice.
    -Vintage button, circa 1960s

    Commencement weekend was just fabulous - family, friends, doctorness - but I did absolutely no knitting. Not a stitch. And today I'll be running around like a crazy lady getting ready for The Grand Cross-Country Road Trip of 2006 (begins tomorrow, 6am). So let's get caught up on some knitting that didn't make it to the blog yet, shall we?

    I was helping my Grandmom do some organizing this past winter, and we found the fabulous vintage 1960s button quoted above. I'm sorry I don't have a photo, but it's bright orange and has cute cartoon children on it. Today, to double your pleasure, we have two lace scarves.

    Cashmere Leaf Lace Scarf
    Pattern: Leaf Lace Scarf from an old Vogue Knitting; other details lost in the copying; 76 st lace repeat
    Yarn: School Products Hand-dyed Cashmere-Silk Blend in greens; 1 sk, approx 400 yds of fingering weight
    Needles: US 2 old-school aluminum straights - it's all vintage here
    Notes: This scarf turned out a little wider (10") and a little shorter (56") than I would normally make scarves, but it looks nice anyway. It was a pleasant, relaxing pattern to knit. I made it on smaller needles than the pattern called for, but I think it shows the lace better.
    Best Thing About This Project: Leaving a wrapped birthday gift for a September birthday - one less thing to pack!

    Lopi Lace Scarf (in Silk Garden)
    Pattern: Lopi Lace Scarf from Weekend Knitting
    Yarn: Noro Silk Garden, 2 skeins
    Needles: US 9 Brittany Birch 10" straights
    Notes: This was a fast, fun knit. I saw Cassie's back in March and I was suddenly compelled to make one out of some Silk Garden in my stash. I'd made the scarf before in plain colors, but it was so vastly entertaining this time around. The zig-zags. The color changes. The vegetal matter always in Noro yarns. I could barely put it down.
    Best Thing About This Project: Knitting it was just so fun.

    18 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    Lovely! Good luck getting everything done today! Drive safely!

    5/30/2006 5:32 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations on your graduation, and best wishes for your upcoming adventures!

    5/30/2006 5:48 AM  
    Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

    Great looking scarves, and I really like that "old-fashioned lace" project. Drive safe on your road-trip! You know how crazy it can be in Rhode Island and elsewhere. ;)
    =:8

    5/30/2006 5:49 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Beautiful scarves, and very inspiring for those of us in The Amazing Lace. Good luck with the drive. We'll be right behind you!

    5/30/2006 6:13 AM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    Gorgeous!

    Have a safe trip and wave if you're going through OH.

    5/30/2006 6:28 AM  
    Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

    You're amazing!

    I arrived in Narragansett last night from Colorado Springs. Whew. All 4 pets safe and sound, Dad too. I hope your trip goes smoothly and safely!

    5/30/2006 6:57 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm so jealous of your trip - you are going to have so much fun! Drive safely and hit those hot spots along the way so you can keep us updated on your progress.
    Dorothy (Missouri Star)
    dswaite@mac.com

    5/30/2006 7:20 AM  
    Blogger Carole Knits said...

    That scarf from Weekend Knitting has been on my "to knit" list for ages. Both your scarves are wonderful. Have a safe trip.

    5/30/2006 7:27 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Beautiful scarves! I love the green colored one - so vibrant! And I'll be thinking and praying for a safe trip to CA for you!

    5/30/2006 9:29 AM  
    Blogger Toasty Joe said...

    T, did you get my pics? You should post some!

    5/30/2006 10:09 AM  
    Blogger Marsha said...

    Scarves look great, nice job (as always). Hope you have a safe trip and take time to see a site or two!

    5/30/2006 10:17 AM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    I love that green cashmere scarf - beautiful! I can just imaging how soft it must be! mmmmmm cashmere...

    I will be praying for a safe cross country trip! - to my part of the world - yea!

    5/30/2006 10:17 AM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    Pretty scarves! LOL re: I made the scarf before in plain colors, but it was so vastly entertaining this time around. The zig-zags. The color changes. The vegetal matter always in Noro yarns. I could barely put it down.. The vegetal matter? I've got to make something out of Noro yarns to experience this myself, I've heard so much about it.

    Have a safe trip! The weather's beautiful out here.

    5/30/2006 10:40 AM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    Good luck with your drive! From what you told me, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

    5/30/2006 10:54 AM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    Have a great time on your drive out here! See you soon :-)

    5/30/2006 12:53 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have a safe drive!

    5/30/2006 2:42 PM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Oh, that green cashmere lace scarf - yum. Maybe I can sneak in there before September...

    Have a great drive!

    5/30/2006 5:01 PM  
    Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

    The lace is gorgeous! That green is calling to me, and I'm not usually a green person.
    Congratulations on the Dr.!!!!

    5/30/2006 5:04 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home