Thursday, May 18, 2006

  • Main Page
  • All Day Long

    May the sun shine all day long,
    everything go right and nothing go wrong.
    May those you love bring love back to you,
    and may all the wishes that you wish come true.
    -Irish Blessing

    It's amazing what a little sun can do to photographs, isn't it? (Which means that any blurriness would be my fault and not the weather's. Felix and I have stopped driving around just long enough to do some knitting (and take some pictures with the pretty flower bushes). While I was doing so well with all that finishing last week, I just had to start something new. On your right, the Lopi Lace Scarf from Weekend Knitting. In Silk Garden, not Lopi. It is fun. It is addictive. It is fun. Did I mention how fun it can be to knit lace on US9s? Fun. Fun. Fun. I might have to make more. Plus, it's quick. It'll take two skeins, and I knit the first skein in pattern in about 3 1/2 hours. Can anyone say Christmas gift?

    On the left, the Fancy Silk Stockings from Knitting Vintage Socks in Lorna's Laces. Usually I knit each sock from it's own ball, but I found myself out and about without the second ball. Look how much yardage there is! I actually finished the heel and picked up the gussets before it ran out of yarn, and these are with 7.5" cuffs and for a 9.75" foot. It makes Artyarns' yardage look punier and punier . . .

    In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that I find myself physically unable to knit anything but lace right now. It's the sun. It's the flowers. It's The Amazing Lace. Note that, due to an overwhelming response (we've stopped counting, but there are now around 300 participants), we are closing sign-ups on Memorial Day. All aboard who's coming aboard; all ashore who's going ashore.

    12 Comments:

    Blogger sheep#100 said...

    The socks are gorgeous!

    5/18/2006 6:43 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm also a fan of the chunky lace. Nice lookin' stuff in this post. It's kind of making me want to knit some lace myself. Maybe I'll join that Amazing Lace thing.

    5/18/2006 6:49 AM  
    Blogger Carole Knits said...

    The socks are gorgeous and the flowers as a backdrop are stunning!

    5/18/2006 7:52 AM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    I'll keep that date in mind. If I can find a pattern for a lace blouse, I might just join!

    5/18/2006 8:30 AM  
    Blogger Jenny Raye said...

    Love the socks!!! And I'm with you on the whole can't knit anything by lace thing. I am obsessed with my TAL project. Can't put it down. Must. Do. Housework. NOW.

    5/18/2006 9:46 AM  
    Blogger Sonya said...

    Pretty, pretty socks! You have sun? Where can I get some?

    5/18/2006 11:43 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Love your socks! And I've been wanting to try that scarf as well. Sadly, I think my lace relay team might be full....

    5/18/2006 12:32 PM  
    Blogger Kari said...

    Very nice socks. I love the color of the yarn.

    5/18/2006 12:58 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    I love the colors. They shout happy and sunny thoughts to all.

    5/18/2006 5:50 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm loving the scarf! The colors are gorgeous. And where's the shot of you wearing the red socks in (or on) your lovely red car?

    5/19/2006 4:42 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Liking those socks, my dear!

    5/19/2006 7:12 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Does the scarf pattern zig and zag or is that the way it's lying?

    5/22/2006 10:25 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home