Tuesday, June 13, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Feels Like Home

    Feels like home to me . . .
    -Chantal Kreviazuk, "Feels Like Home"

    Look what was waiting for me when I got back from DC! My very first piece of mail (sorry, Mom - she beat even you) at my new San Diego address, and it's a package full of exciting goodies.

    It turns out that Emily of Yarn Miracle was my the Sock Yarn Addicts Club sock swap sender, and, in an amazing coincidence, she included a pin for Washington, DC, the city from which I just returned. Small world. The pin makes me think that these are my socks (scroll down), which means that I now own socks that have made it to Maryland Sheep and Wool. Would that I were as lucky as my socks!

    She sent me these gorgeous bright green and blue socks - a lovely rib pattern with a cable going up each side. They fit wonderfully (but that photo didn't come out well at all). Nice and stretchy, gorgeous colors - Emily, tell us, what yarn is it?

    13 Comments:

    Blogger JayJay said...

    Those are some mighty purty socks! Glad to hear you are back safely from DC, with a lovely package waiting too.

    6/13/2006 11:11 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    6/13/2006 11:11 AM  
    Blogger Carole Knits said...

    The colors are gorgeous!

    6/13/2006 11:26 AM  
    Blogger sheep#100 said...

    Lovely socks.

    6/13/2006 11:32 AM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    Yea for packages and handknit socks!

    6/13/2006 11:36 AM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    Ditto on what silverarrowknits just said. I love packages. I love socks. Someday soon I will send you a package... sadly, it will not contain socks. But it may contain a sock box...

    6/13/2006 12:03 PM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    Packages and socks as your first mail! Awesome.

    6/13/2006 1:37 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love the color of the socks -- great pal!

    6/13/2006 6:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Gorgeous socks. And nothing makes you feel connected in a new place like a package at your new address!

    6/13/2006 7:31 PM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    Wow - could your new piece of mail be more perfect!

    6/13/2006 8:48 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You've been zipping back and forth across the country! What a nice gift to come home to.

    6/14/2006 3:50 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes, those are the Marland Socks - they also met Mr. Roger's Sweater. I am afraid that they will be expecting a lot from you as far as travel and entertainment goes. I will appologize for that in advance...
    They are made out of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Potluck (greens). You said "go wild" and that was the wildest (and loudest) green I had!

    6/14/2006 2:13 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is so cool! Emily is one of my favorite bloggers and I remember that post well from right after it was written. My worlds collide.

    By the way, "Feels Like Home" was Matt's and my first dance song at our wedding.

    6/18/2006 6:09 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home