Wednesday, August 02, 2006

  • Main Page
  • A Swimmer

    When you fall into a river,
    you're no longer a fisherman;
    you're a swimmer.
    -Gene Hill

    I've seen it, you've seen it, we've all seen it all over blogland - the apologies from bloggers on vacation, bloggers with new jobs, bloggers whose real lives have taken precedence over their blogs (and even - gasp! - their knitting!). Well, no apologies here. You know I've been busy. If you need a reminder, in the past 8 weeks I have driven cross-country, moved (twice now), and started my internship. I'm trying desperately not to abandon Rachel, who is probably rueing the day she ever agreed to co-host a knitalong with me, and attempting to actually knit. Remember the grand plan for knitting through internship? Yeah, me neither. Oh,and did I mention that my family came to visit last week? Or that I need to buy my camoflague uniforms for this in 4 short weeks and the uniform shop is out of my size? It's a busy NewCaliforniaLifestyle, that's for sure.

    Fun with the family meant another trip to The World Famous San Diego Zoo. See the tiger up top? See the ladybugs to the right? Any guesses who would win if you put them together in close quarters?

    Right. So I stayed a safe distance away and knit away on this adorable baby hat. I'm now at the knit plain st st portion on US 2s instead of knit 3 colors in a row on US 0s. Needless to say, it's coming along much zippier now. It's too too cute. Too bad my first month (and then some) of internship is over and that's all I've accomplished from July's reading list.

    Nevertheless, my first month of medicine wards is finished and I'm quickly learning the finer points of ortho/sports medicine. A nice change of pace calls for a new project, don't you think? August's "assignment" coming your way soon. Me thinks it might be a little smaller than a fairisle baby set on US 2s . . .

    17 Comments:

    Blogger Lynda said...

    Those lady bugs are toooo cute! I NEED that pattern! I've finally found the pattern that really makes me actually WANT to learn Fair Isle!

    8/02/2006 6:32 PM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    Those lady bugs are toooo cute! I NEED that pattern! I've finally found the pattern that really makes me actually WANT to learn Fair Isle!

    8/02/2006 6:32 PM  
    Blogger GamecockDoc said...

    That is adorable!

    Congrats on finishing the first month! Doesn't it feel good?

    8/02/2006 7:23 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Looks great so far! Congrats on finishing that first month! Can't wait to see your August project....

    8/02/2006 8:24 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow. That is some course you will be taking. Thanks so much to people like you who are trained to handle such horrors.

    8/03/2006 3:29 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What's wrong with me that I don't see a tiger? I see an orangutan. I must be losing it.

    I can see well enough to be sure those ladybugs are cute, though!

    8/03/2006 5:55 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Considering your busy schedule, we'll take what we can get and happy for it. The ladybugs are so cute - how was your experience of carrying three colors on a row! I've avoided some Dale patterns because of it, but eventutally want to do the ladybugs.
    Dorothy (Missouri Star)
    dswaite@mac.com

    8/03/2006 6:30 AM  
    Blogger Lorette said...

    The ladybugs are very cute! That course description doesn't look like they've included knitting time. It's no doubt one of those things that you will be happy is completed.

    8/03/2006 9:36 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Hi Theresa! I love the ladybugs! You have inspired me to try a simple fair isle. Are there any patterns that use cotton? The NewCaliforniaLifeStyle doesn't deal well with wool. (By-the-way, I called you yesterday about visiting this weekend).

    8/03/2006 9:45 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cute ladybugs! And Rachel, we share the same visual problem. I see an orangutan as well. Do you think Theresa is so sleep deprived she is seeing tigers where there are none?

    8/03/2006 10:22 AM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    I'm sorry I haven't been commenting lately. I've been finishing my novel and forcing myself to reread Animal Farm...

    ... hey, wait. No apologies. Okay, I'll just tell you that the hat looks totally adorable. And speaking of baby hats, I just described the strawberry hats to my very pregnant sister-in-law. She got all giddy. Those hormones. They do weird and wonderful things.

    8/03/2006 12:52 PM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    That hat is adorable! And yeah, it's a whole lot of busy lately, and your busy is way up there at the top. First month done though!

    8/03/2006 7:30 PM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    Kate D. brings up a good point, T. You have been awfully remiss about knitting in triplicate for the upcoming nephews. Do you want those boys to freeze in the Pacific Northwest? It's pretty far north!

    Myself, I have been too busy searching for an apartment (and not finding one), researching puppies, reading romance novels, writing romance novels, sleeping till noon and watching daytime television. Do I really have to go to school in three weeks?

    8/04/2006 8:35 AM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    Isn't the San Diego Zoo great?! I had never been to such a fabulous (and large) zoo!

    8/05/2006 7:26 PM  
    Blogger sheep#100 said...

    That is a way cute bit of knit!

    8/07/2006 7:18 AM  
    Blogger ICJ said...

    Awww... this is SO CUTE!!! I LOVE Lady Bugs! :)

    Isabelle aka Tricotine

    8/15/2006 3:31 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cute ladybugs!

    8/17/2006 1:59 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home