Saturday, July 08, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Un-Seamly

    Experience is the name everyone gives to his mistakes.
    -Oscar Wilde

    One of these photos is all that is right about knitting in San Diego. The other is all that is wrong about knitting in San Diego. (And you'd better get this one right . . .)

    Here are some of the lovely friendly knitters of San Diego:Dis from A Little Loopy and Knitzalot from The Purly Gate and some of their blogless friends were among the first to welcome me to the knitting fun in San Diego. There are knitting groups - yes, plural - on a very regular basis. They are fun people. They knit. How much more perfect could it be?

    Well, I could be able to keep my eyes open well enough not to make mistakes like this: Hard to see with the flash, I know, but do you see how I seemed the completely wrong part to the completely wrong part? I want to wear this cool tank for MyNewCaliforniaLifestyle . . . but that lifestyle is tiring!

    10 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    But you couldn't have done it in a better place! Yay for the fun in the sun friendly California knitters. They will soon set you straight!

    7/09/2006 10:39 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love getting together with knitting friends, but it does turn the mind to jello somehow, and I've learned to take only totally mindless knitting to meetings.

    7/10/2006 3:59 AM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    I'm so glad you were able to make it! And tired? After only 80 hours of work in a week? Hmmm, I never would have guessed ;-)

    7/10/2006 6:37 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    I'm so glad you're making knitty friends in San Diego!

    7/10/2006 7:09 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Chalk it up to more "experience!" It still looks lovely, and I can't wait to see the finished product.

    7/10/2006 9:18 AM  
    Blogger Lorette said...

    Hmmmm. Maybe you should leave the seaming until you've had a decent night's sleep. ;-)
    Then again, I have trouble doing seams even when I'm well-rested.

    7/10/2006 10:15 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This makes me want to move to a completely new place and meet a completely new group of knitters! Sounds fun!

    There's something wrong with me -- I don't really see what wrong thing was seamed to another wrong thing. Maybe it's too close up? I'm going to go with that rather than the alternative, that I have failed to develop a competent understanding of knitting technique and construction.

    7/10/2006 12:08 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lucky you to find knitting groups so soon -- something to look forward to after those 80 hour weeks! I'm totally jealous of your NewCaliforniaLifestyle! :) :)

    7/10/2006 2:18 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    Poor Theresa. :( I hope your residency isn't pushing you too hard. You need time for sleep and knitting!

    7/10/2006 6:54 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Multiple knitting groups, how great! Yeah, whenever I knit with people I have to take the mindless stuff.

    7/11/2006 12:23 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home