Tuesday, July 11, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Return of the MeMe

    We are all the same in this notion:
    The potential for greatness lives within each of us.
    -Wilma Randolph

    Is it just me, or has there been a relative shortage of memes around knitting blogland? Jenn over at Knit'n'Lit threw up a question an embarassingly long time ago:

    What's In Your Notions Bag?

    Has a bit of a game show ring about it, doesn't it? Anyway, some time ago I took a photo of all the stuff I usually keep in there and kept forgetting to post. So here goes. My notions bag:1. The bag: The darling Flitgirl gave this to me many years ago as a cosmetics bag. What could provide better comesis that knitting notions?
    2. The scissors: I stole these from my mom shortly after I started knitting. (I'm pretty sure they came free with a knife set she ordered.) It's all about the cover.
    3. The stitchmarkers: My only fancy stitchmarkers, courtesy of the lovely ladies at the Ocean State Knitting and Crochet Guild.
    4. The tape measure: A dime a dozen. I buy them whenever they go on sale at Joann's. The better to lose them later . . .
    5. The yarn scraps: From whatever I was working on prior. They come in handy as extra stitch holders, stitch markers, or anything, really.
    6. The nail file: Nothing ruins a good afternoon of knitting like a snagged nail.
    7. The darning needles: See "tape measure" above - I lose these like there's no tomorrow. Somehow I threw one across the room at knitting group the other day. By accident. Seriously - you had to see it disappear to believe it.

    Go make this a meme on your blog (you know, to perhaps cover up for all that knitting that you HAVEN'T been doing), do give due credit to Jenn.

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    Yay! The insides of a notions bag! :) I am however, completely embarassed by the overwhelming largess of my bag now!

    7/11/2006 9:02 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My bag (which is actually a plastic pencil case, cost me 50 cents at a dime store about 10 years ago), also contains TWO tape measures, a 6" plastic ruler, a stitch sizer, one large and one small crochet hook, and a calculator. It is one FAT utility bag. But I love it and carry it in which ever project bag with the project in progress.

    7/11/2006 9:25 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think if I could have a nail file on a cord surgically attached to me, I would strongly consider it (probably depeneds on whether my insurance would pay) because I never manage to have one with my while I'm knitting. This means my ragged fingernails are usually incorporating wear and tear directly into the garment as I go. Lovely.

    7/12/2006 8:15 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So that's where those scissors got to, Humph! Use them well, my dear! They are sure to see more action in your notions bag than in mine. Enjoy and get some sleep! We can't wait to see you! Love, Mom

    7/12/2006 8:36 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What? Theresa took her mom's scissors?!

    7/12/2006 2:09 PM  
    Blogger Laura said...

    I have noticed the shortage of memes too! I was thinking that someone ought to start one that's knitting-related. And ta-da!! :)

    7/12/2006 3:15 PM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    I guess we were all memed out, eh? Your notions bag is very spartan.

    7/14/2006 8:19 AM  
    Blogger Hannah said...

    Thanks for reminding me of this meme. Love your bag! Here is mine.

    7/17/2006 10:05 AM  
    Blogger test said...

    agree with above comment.. love the bag.. love the embroidery even more :)

    7/18/2006 11:49 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home