Monday, June 19, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Reunited

    Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven.
    -Tyron Edwards

    Together again at last! I finally reached that point in my unpacking and moving in where I organized the stash, some of which has been packed for ten whole months!

    Scenes from the organization process:I only have one big bucket o' wool (that doesn't go thematically with something else, like lace yarn, sock yarn, yarn for specific projects, oddballs . . .) which isn't too bad. I think it's going to stay in the bin and live in a closet, though.
    For MyNewCaliforniaLifestyle, I put all my cottons in a big basket front and center to inspire me. Notice the extensive collection of discontinued Cotton Ease (and how nicely they match the throw rug the wonderful Kate D. gave me eons ago). A great yarn, great rug, great friend.
    Non-white walls are great fun, although the green of that and my comforter are not the best-ever match. All that's left now is curtains. Since I can't find any I like, I'm thinking I'll make some with my snazzy new sewing machine. (Famous last words?) My roommate discovered a discount fabric place and spent last evening re-upholstering an ottoman to match the chair she did previously, so I'm in good company.

    There was a minor casualty, however. Note to self: slippery silk should be contained before travel.My old TV stand is getting a new lease on life as a yarn storage cabinet - look how pretty!

    Now I am completely re-inspired, re-invigorated, and raring to go with my knitting. But I have to go re-certify in CPR instead. Nevertheless, it's going to be a great week on the blog, full of yarn, patterns, and good ol' fashioned knitting fun. Stay tuned.

    17 Comments:

    Blogger Abigail said...

    It is so good to stir up the stash and rediscover old friends.

    I love the collection of the cotton yarn. So pretty and vibrant. Thanks for sharing.

    6/19/2006 10:31 AM  
    Blogger knitzalot said...

    Your Cotton-Ease stash is rather impressive. I'll have to show you mine someday. I'm famous 'round these parts for it.

    6/19/2006 10:51 AM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    Oooh, this is all so exciting - watching all the "newness" unfold!

    6/19/2006 11:37 AM  
    Blogger GamecockDoc said...

    Nice stash. It must be fun to rediscover yarn that has been packed for so long.
    Good luck at CPR class!

    6/19/2006 11:41 AM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    Out of sight, out of mind? I play that game all the time ;-)

    I still say knitted, lacey curtains go with everything though sewing is easier and takes up much less time.

    6/19/2006 12:06 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I bet it was nice reuniting with your stash that has been packed away for 10 long months! Too bad about the silk!

    6/19/2006 1:42 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for sharing your photos with us! It looks like you are having a lot of fun setting up supplies and remembering old favorites! Can't wait to see your new projects. :)

    6/19/2006 2:12 PM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    Well, now you are officially Home.

    6/19/2006 2:35 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Yum. Cotton Ease.
    So glad you're reunited with the stash! What fun to go through everything and find things you've forgotten about!
    Love the new yarn cabinet too!

    6/19/2006 3:52 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ooh! A Sox fan that likes to knit... i think we can be friends!! I will definitely let you know when our next SNB is. There are actually tons around SD, but the once a month one I go to is the only one I have gone to with any regularity. My life is pretty busy :(

    6/19/2006 4:11 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Woohoo! So glad finally to meet your stash! What fun to unpack it and get it all organized. I'll be interested to see whether the NCL cotton can effectively distract you from your wool.

    6/19/2006 4:54 PM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    I bet you feel like a whole person again ;-)

    6/19/2006 5:58 PM  
    Blogger Reese said...

    wow that is a LOT of yarn!

    and i just had to mention that i was REALLY happy that your feed on bloglines finally gives me full entries instead of partials! that makes me sooo happy.

    6/19/2006 6:30 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ten Months! Yikes. It must feel so good to have it all out :-)

    I have to say that there is some nice periwinkle type blue in the right hand lower corner of your bed shot that goes real nice with the color of your walls!

    6/19/2006 6:40 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm so glad you made it home safe and sound (and wooly). Have fun knitting with cotton. It's about all I ever knit. You're going to enjoy it!

    6/19/2006 8:01 PM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    That silk - how sad! But fun to go through the rest of it and rediscover it.

    6/19/2006 8:25 PM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    Yay! I'm always happier once I've unpacked and settled in. Congratulations on reuniting with your yarn stash.

    6/20/2006 11:31 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home