Friday, March 17, 2006

  • Main Page
  • The Wearing o' the Green; or Kiss Me, I'm Irish

    I arise today through
    the strength of Heaven,
    the rays of the sun,
    the radiance of the moon,
    the splendor of fire,
    the speed of lightening,
    the swiftness of the wind,
    the depth of the sea,
    the stability of the earth,
    the firmness of rock.
    -St. Patrick's Breastplate

    I have knitting to talk about, but St. Patrick's Day is a grand holiday all over, the blog included, so we'll celebrate with some photos of me wearing the green. I mean, if the bishop gives us a dispensation from Lenten Friday observances, surely we can take a little break here.Rachel was kind enough to help me out when I realized that all of my modeled photos of Am Kamin involved a gold medal. So for posterity, here's my green as it it usually seen on the Main Green on campus.

    Wear your green, and kiss me, I'm Irish.

    8 Comments:

    Blogger Laura said...

    Happy St Patrick's Day! You know, I can never see enough pictures of Am Kamin. :)

    3/17/2006 3:26 AM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    The gold medal goes so well with it but it doesn't hurt to have more. It's so beautiful.

    3/17/2006 4:01 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I agree - never enough pictures of Am Kamin. You should be so proud of that sweater! I got my book and I admit to being severely intimidated. I've got the technical skills, but trying to decipher the pattern has me a little wary.
    Dorothy
    http://www.missouristar.typepad.com
    dswaite@mac.com

    3/17/2006 5:49 AM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    I am still SO in love with your sweater! You really must make me one!

    3/17/2006 6:51 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Huh. I have to say that after the Knitting Olympics I was thinking of incorporating a gold medal into ALL my knitted garments. I'm disappointed to hear that you don't share my enthusiasm for that possibility.

    Am Kamin is awesome. Do you think I could rent some of your unused sweaters from you while you're in San Diego?

    3/17/2006 7:03 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I agree that we can't see enough of this sweater -- it's a work of art! And the color is just too gorgeous.

    3/17/2006 8:16 AM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Happy St Patrick's Day! Ooops, sorry that I drooled on our sweater...

    3/17/2006 3:58 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The sweater is even more gorgeous being modeled!

    3/19/2006 8:04 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home