Tuesday, March 14, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Lord, I Was Born a Ramblin' Man

    Trying to make a living, just trying the best I can. -Allman Brothers

    While we're all trying to guess where my socks are traveling these days (if you haven't, go enter yesterday's contest), let's look at some other traveling socks. I started these when I was in Norfolk, finished the first sock in Seattle, knit them through Christmas in Pennsylvania, and (finally) finished the second sock in Providence. Not only that, but the stitch pattern is one of traveling stitches. Isn't that clever?

    Canal du Midi Socks
    Pattern: Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush
    Yarn: Lanett Superwash 100% merino fingering weight in pale blue
    Needles: US 1 dpns
    Notes: My first star toe - supercute.
    Best Thing About This Project: The way you can read the pattern off the socks once you've set up the repeats. It's just like carrying a pattern with you, but one less thing to lose. Perfect for traveling.

    Stay tuned tomorrow for the exciting conclusion to "guess where my socks have been." Competition is tight - this one might come down to the wire!

    9 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your socks are lovely! Don't you love having memories attached to the things that you knit.
    Karen
    http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

    3/14/2006 5:49 AM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Those are lovely! That Nancy Bush...

    3/14/2006 6:22 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So pretty -- because of the color you picked it makes me think of rushing water in a stream (or canal, perhaps?).

    I will now return to knitting my plain stockinette startoeless sock.

    3/14/2006 6:37 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Now I passed right by those socks, and that book in the past. Now that I have seen them 'in the flesh', I am going right out to get it.

    Lovely!!

    3/14/2006 9:17 AM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    Nice looking patterns on those socks! Must drag out Nancy Bush's book again. They have a provenance! Even better.

    3/14/2006 11:29 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    They are beautimous!

    3/14/2006 4:01 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are an sock knitter extrodinare! Pretty, pretty socks!

    3/14/2006 8:10 PM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    I like those, especially the color. Goes so well with the pattern.

    3/15/2006 4:09 AM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    Very pretty sock. I JUST returned that Nancy Bush book to my mom.... now I'll have to borrow it again!

    3/15/2006 6:16 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home