Friday, March 10, 2006

  • Main Page
  • It's Here

    There are two mistakes you can make along the road to truth:
    Not going all the way and not starting.
    -Gautama Siddharta (Buddha)

    It's here. The post-Olympic startitis. We all knew it would be coming sooner or later.

    You know what I'm talking about, right? Casting on project after project, knitting a few rows, a border or two, maybe even a whole repeat, but then always moving onto the next thing. Happens every now and again, right? (This, by the way, is my greatest defense of my stash. How else can you start a new scarf at 2am?)

    So what have I started?
    1. Ann Norling's Strawberry Hat in Sugar and Cream cotton
    2. Friday Harbor socks from Knitting on the Road in Mountain Colors 4/8 Weaver's Wool
    3. Trellis from Knitty in bright red Cotton Ease for a baby boy due this May
    4. Reverse Bloom Washcloth from Weekend Knitting/IK
    5. the second Checks and Charms mitten to match this hat
    I'll take a group photo if the sun ever comes out. I'm off for my first daytime shift in the ED, which should be a nice change from all the trauma and general craziness at night (or so I can hope). Oh, and our weekly KAL update? I think I might follow Marina's lead and move it to Sunday. Friday just doesn't seem to be working. Stay tuned.

    8 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    It's struck my house too - so difficult to resist!

    3/10/2006 6:16 AM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    You keep odd hours.

    How often do the rest of us need to start a scarf (sweater/cardigan in my case) at 2:00am ;-)

    3/10/2006 6:21 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have actually discovered that the Knitting Olympics seems to have instilled a new sense of discipline in me. I have several things I really want to start, but I made myself first devote all my attention to the reversible rib shawl, and now I'm entirely focused on whipping out a baby sweater that I was supposed to be finished with month ago. I'm sure this self-discipline will wear off, but I'm trying to make the most of it for now!

    Looking forward to seeing the group photo.

    3/10/2006 7:01 AM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Hee hee - I'm fighting the same thing here. Fighting. Fighting.

    3/10/2006 7:45 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have the same problem following the KO, but I'm beholden to one pair of socks because of a deadline. As soon as that's past, I expect to have several new projects started.

    Show us, please!

    3/10/2006 11:05 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've got the startitis, too, but have managed to control it somewhat, only 2 new projects and one swatch (Trellis, incidentally).

    3/10/2006 1:20 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    But all those projects are so cute! How could you possibly choose just one?

    3/10/2006 1:47 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just think, start a bunch, have lots of variety to work with, get lots done!

    Or not - LOL!

    3/10/2006 6:11 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home