Saturday, March 04, 2006

  • Main Page
  • A Day Late and a Dollar Short

    It's never too late to be who you might have been.
    -George Eliot

    Didn't I tell you that this week was going to be all about recovery from the Knitting Olympics? Blog maintenance, etc. Well, that was before I spent my whole week confusing my circadian rhythms with overnights in the ER. But we'll get there. We have a couple of KALs for the Scrapbook this week, so I'll try to do them justice in our weekly knitalong update.

    The Knitting Olympics
    Image hosting by Photobucket
    Image hosting by Photobucket
    Image hosting by Photobucket
    You've heard so much about the fabulous Team College Hill and our Knitting Olympic spirit. For anyone joining us now, here are the photos of our gold-medal projects, and a tour of the February archives is pretty much all Olympics, all the time.

    Crossed in Translation
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    My Olympic gold-medal winning sweater was Am Kamin for the Crossed in Translation knitalong. Many thanks to Cara at January One for introducing this sweater to the knitting world. I love it more than words can say. Final comments are here, but don't be suprised if it shows up in every photo of me you ever see. It's that amazing.

    Stashalong
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Still stash-alonging . . . So why isn't my stash getting any smaller? I keep knitting and knitting, and the big bin of yarn in my (non-working) fireplace doesn't seem to get any smaller. How does that work?

    Count Your Socks
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Add one more to my tally! I finished my 91st pair of socks for my dad's birthday. The Gentleman's Fancy Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I want to start a Nancy Bush fan club. One of these days, I just might.

    It's Not A Gift
    Image hosting by Photobucket
    Jenn is closing this post-holiday Knitalong. Since I've knit almost exclusively for myself since Christmas, I think I more than held up my end of the Not a Gift bargain. It's been all about lovely sweaters for myself:
    Thanks, Jenn, for the excuse to knit for myself!

    Knit the Classics
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Reading: I completely skipped February. Remember the Olympics? But March is going to be a good month for reading. The novel is Yann Martel's Life of Pi (hey Amanada - I borrowed it from your bookshelf), which I've been hearing about for a while.
    Knitting: I'll come up with a project when I start reading.

    Sockapaloooza
    Image hosting by Photobucket
    Socks are all I've been able to knit since the Olympics, which is good for my sockpal. I cast on and have knit at least 6 rows of ribbing.
    Yarn: Sisu, a superwash fingering weight wool blend in a bright blue (cornflower-ish, maybe?)
    Pattern: Cascade Lace Socks by Anne Woodbury in Cast On from Summer 2004.

    And now I think we're caught up. Unless I joined any other KALs that I forgot about. Possible, but let's call it done for now.

    7 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Knitting Am Kamin is a gold medal winning endeavor, but knitting it in 16 days deserves at least platinum! I am gobsmacked!! I ordered the book and have to say that the instructions made me break out in a cold sweat! I have several other projects to finish, but hope to get up the nerve to start it later this year. Dorothy
    http://www.missouristar.typepad.com
    dswaite@mac.com

    3/04/2006 6:50 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are just amazing! How you go to school, work at the hospital, and still have time to be a prolific and extraodinary knitter and keep up with blog enties is just beyond me!
    Makes me feel REALLY lazy - LOL! Here I sit knitting another bag to be felted on size 10.5 needles.
    I'm inspired to finally get to work on one of the two sweaters which have been on hold for years!

    3/04/2006 7:01 AM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Hee hee - I love the image of you having joined other knitalongs and not remembering them - like getting a little tipsy and doing something you don't remember in the morning. ;)

    3/04/2006 9:06 AM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Oh, wait - I figured it out! Your stash isn't getting smaller because your evil twin joined Carole's increase your stashalong without your knowing, so every bit of yarn you remove from the stash is balanced by something incoming. :D

    3/04/2006 9:08 AM  
    Blogger Charleen said...

    You are amazing! I loved Life of Pi. Why not knit a Pi Shawl while you're reading :-)

    3/04/2006 1:27 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Life of Pi is a great book. I may have to just read it again, even though I'm not in the KAL.

    Glad to see sock yarn is a good prize for you. It'll be on it's way to you next week.

    3/04/2006 2:59 PM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    Are we going to get a look at the Stashalong stash enhancement?

    3/05/2006 6:55 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home