Wednesday, January 25, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Good Habits Die Hard

    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
    -Mark Twain, Puddenhead Wilson's Calendar for 1894

    Coffee, yes. Manicures, absolutely. Even exercise. But nobody ever told me this was habit-forming:

    I think it's blogging. It's the only intervention between my former non-blocking-before-sewing-up self (eloquently, maybe erroneously, defended here), and now. First it was the back of Winter Folly. Now it's the sleeves of Rogue. Seriously, what will be next?

    While we wait on the edge of our seats to find out if I will block something else (can't you hear the edge of danger in my voice?), go convince Kristen that she should show us the progress on her Rogue.

    On another note, do we think the person who googled "commitment issues" really wanted to read about my dilettantism with knitting projects? And speaking of other projects, thanks for all the suggestions about the chupph project. It looks like we're leaning towards the singe rose leaf lace border, but I still to need swatch for an outside border. I'll keep you posted.

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Chris said...

    Wow - Rogue sleeves! So beautiful.... Off to pester Kristen.

    Heh - it's interesting to see what search terms lead people to one's blog. I was particularly amused by "all seeing eye" and "chaos channeling."

    1/25/2006 5:38 AM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    Gorgeous color.

    Old habits die hard but I'm beginning to block more & more.

    1/25/2006 5:56 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Rogue looks awesome so far! Funny what search words bring people to blogs...I've had a few "doozies" too...LOL
    ~Roxanne~

    1/25/2006 6:01 AM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    So pretty! Rogue is an amazing sweater anyway, but that color you have chosen is truly stunning! I can't wait to see the next progress pictures :)

    1/25/2006 6:36 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Theresa, friend J here. The sleeves look awesome! I have never blocked anything before, but I think I might do it this weekend. You've inspired me! :)

    1/26/2006 6:44 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home