Thursday, March 09, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Stash-a-longing

    Feeling and longing are the motive forces behind
    all human endeavor and human creations.
    -Albert Einstein

    I'm so jealous.Here's my Olympic teammate Katja and a small fraction of her new yarn. This is, I believe, Jameson's Shetland with an idea to make some fair isle - a hat and mittens, perhaps. Really, it is Stash. Yarn bought because it's good yarn and it's on sale and someday, somewhere, somehow you might get around to making something from it.

    I haven't bought yarn (except 2 skeins of sock yarn on the free day) in something like 10 weeks, which I'm fairly certain is a record. I even missed a 40% going out of business sale. This is getting desperate. (The fact that I seem to have just as much yarn as ever is entirely not the point. Clearly, it's reproducing on it's own.)

    How much longer is this Stashalong?

    12 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Only 3 weeks to go. I feel like that stunt guy in the beer commercial. You know, the one who stays 2 minutes past 5 on a Friday?

    3/09/2006 1:58 PM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    Oh... PLEASE teach my yarn to reproduce itself!!! Maybe if I play some soft music.... lay it out next the the fireplace?

    3/09/2006 2:01 PM  
    Blogger Stephanie said...

    You two are so funny! I LOVE that commercial. It's so real.

    The other day I posted that I was plotting a Stashalong defection. Now today I'm wavering and thinking - MAYBE I could make it to the end without cracking. I don't have any sales tempting me though - I'm staying well away from the LYS.

    3/09/2006 2:09 PM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Hee hee, don't mind me. Probably shouldn't stop by my blog and look at the picture from yesterday, either. La la la la!

    3/09/2006 2:32 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ouch, a 40 percent off going-out-of-business sale? That hurts.

    Stay strong, and just think how must more you'll appreciate being able to buy some special but as-yet-purposeless skein once it's all over.

    3/09/2006 2:32 PM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    The rules don't say that you can't steal or borrow yarn, does it?

    3/09/2006 2:58 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hang in there, you can do it!

    3/09/2006 3:22 PM  
    Blogger DeeAnn said...

    I can just imagine the yarn binge at the end of this thing!

    3/09/2006 4:36 PM  
    Blogger Kim said...

    I'm feeling your pain too---I really, really, really want some sock yarn! Three weeks, I can make it three weeks(that's what I keep telling myself). Hang in there;)

    3/09/2006 4:38 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    phew, I'm so glad the hording gene has finally emerged. I was worried already...and now no more complaining about MY (weaving) wool stashes, Katja!!! thank you, theresa, you just made my life a lot easier.

    3/10/2006 6:36 AM  
    Blogger Wendy said...

    You missed a sale???? Dirty Dancing Havana has gone to your head!

    Wendy

    3/10/2006 8:51 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I was so surprised she resisted the sale! I didn't and ended up with yarn for 4 new projects. That the stashing continue! Yippee!

    3/10/2006 1:40 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home