Monday, March 13, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Guess Where

    Hands to work and hearts to God.
    -Attribution to follow

    Who can guess where my Friday Harbor socks are reclining?

    Saturday I took a little road trip to enjoy a beautiful winter-spring New England day and see a beautiful, classic New England site. It's within a day's drive (return trip, too) of Providence, RI, the Mountain Colors Weavers' Wool really liked being above sea level, and we went even though it was closed for the season.

    Let's make this a contest. Leave your answer in the comments or email me at knittingunderway AT gmail DOT com by noon on Wednesday, and I'll send a little fibery prize to whomever can guess. Be as specific as you can. Persons (ahem, Katja) with inside knowledge because maybe they were there, too, should not comment.

    11 Comments:

    Blogger Chris said...

    Salem, MA

    3/13/2006 7:43 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I guess Canterbury Shaker Village in Canterbury, NH, based on the quote at the beginning of the post...but that's a pretty long day trip.

    3/13/2006 8:16 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Blithewold Mansion & Gardens. Just a wild guess, and if it isn't, you should so go!

    3/13/2006 8:23 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, I was reviewing all the field trip spots from long ago school days in MA, and came up with Plimouth Plantation, but that's at sea level, Old Sturbridge Village, but I think that's open all winter, so lastly I'd have to guess the Shaker Village.

    wow memory lane stuff.

    3/13/2006 9:00 AM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    You're in Concord, because you're desperate to see me again and the site of my birth is the best you could do.

    Also, you wanted to see Walden pond, Paul Revere, and the Alcotts' house. Marmee would definitely approve of those socks.

    3/13/2006 9:44 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    I guess Canterbury Shaker Village too because of the quote - I hope you're having a great day! We're waiting for my sister to get here still - major flight delays. Would have been so much nicer to have been knitting!

    3/13/2006 3:46 PM  
    Blogger Nikki said...

    Somewhere Shaker-related...but that's all I've got!

    3/13/2006 7:58 PM  
    Blogger Nikki said...

    A little digging on the net and now I'm pretty sure I've found the railing behind Mr. Sockie in the picture....so now I'm refining my guess to Canterbury Shaker Village. :o)

    3/13/2006 8:00 PM  
    Blogger Kim said...

    No guess from me. Your socks look great though :) Just passing through on Stashalong patrol--have a great week!

    3/13/2006 10:41 PM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    I don't have an answer even though I spent quite a bit of time looking for some place "classic" that was closed.

    3/14/2006 4:05 AM  
    Blogger sheep#100 said...

    Hey I voted for Canterbury Shaker Village yesterday but my post went into the ether! So her I am voting again.

    3/15/2006 6:52 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home