Saturday, February 10, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Giddy-up!

    Rodeo cowboys usually keep goin' until they're crippled-
    injured by animals, run out of money for entry fees
    and traveling expenses, quit or get killed in the arena.
    -Chris LeDoux

    Is your knitting scattered all over two apartments, three purses, and your locker at work? Do you feel like you've been in a haze where you can't tell a ruffle from a cable, a lace lattice from a beaded rib? Have I got a solution for you!

    WIP RoundupClockwise from top left: The Chuppah, Rowena, The Humbug Pillow, The New England Socks, a ball of yarn meant to be Dalarna socks, and Plain Winter Socks.

    The beauty of the UFO Resurrection (and yes, The New England Socks seem to be in this photo as a Work in Progress, doesn't it?) is that all those other projects? They don't count. Of the above, I can only really claim to be making progress on The Chuppah and the Plain Winter Socks, but Rowena gets a few rows when I'm on the phone, and the Humbug Pillow when I'm reading email. Overall, quite manageable. Quite.

    If only I didn't want to drop it all and knit the new Interweave Knits from cover to cover . . .

    Labels: , ,

    10 Comments:

    Blogger Elinor said...

    You know, I think that you're allowed several WIPs with that Chuppah. THAT requires some serious discipline. I'm incapable of finishing baby blankets or afghans, much less a project that large! It will be so beautiful when it's done too.

    I have a car project (for when I'm a passenger, of course), a school project when I'm in class and a weekend project right now. It doesn't make for much progress but that's OK. They'll get done eventually.

    2/11/2007 6:56 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    I'm a firm believer in a project for each part of our day - I have driving in the car socks, reading blogs socks, watching TV projects (and those vary depending on the amount I need to be actually watching the TV), talking on the phone projects, lunchtime projects, meeting socks, etc.
    Nothin' wrong with lots of WIPs to round up!

    2/11/2007 7:16 AM  
    Blogger Elysbeth said...

    Funny how the projects scatter themselves around. And how we have them for all flavours and moods.

    2/11/2007 10:16 AM  
    Blogger Martina said...

    although i only have one abode i too have many WIP's! all in different corners of the living room! now that you made me look i have to get the new interweave!

    2/11/2007 3:50 PM  
    Blogger knitzalot said...

    You're in luck! Turns out the sale goes until next Sunday.

    2/11/2007 9:34 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    I am with you; I don't consider my UFOs to be current works. Unfortunately, this thought doesn't get rid of the huge canvas bag of UFOs.

    2/11/2007 9:59 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I feel the exact same way about the new IK... I want to knit everything in it right now!

    2/12/2007 10:40 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I just want to say that all those projects look even more amazing in person! (Thanks for letting us stay with you!)

    I, too, have beens switching between projects, which confuses the hubby to no end. He just doesn't understand why I don't just finish something already! ;)

    2/12/2007 11:17 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Really? You're the first person I know of who feels generally positive about the most recent issue of Interweave Knits, let alone loves it. What do you think of the new layout?

    I think you have a very respectable array of WIPs. Just the right size.

    2/13/2007 11:31 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I only wanted to knit PGR socks and that gorgeous cable raglan in the IK.

    UFO's aren't WIP's until they're resurrected. Everyone knows that. And they have to be scattered about so that they're accessible when you need one of them. (not the one you find, undoubtedly).

    Carrie K

    2/15/2007 6:02 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home