Saturday, February 03, 2007

  • Main Page
  • The Mission

    Truth can never be confined to time and culture;
    in history it is known, but it also reaches beyond history.
    -John Paul II

    And the answer is . . . Mission San Luis Rey.(It was overcast. Better photos on the website.)

    Most of you correctly ascertained that the day trip the beau and I enjoyed was, indeed, a southern California mission, and most of you also realized that there are three missions within an easy drive of San Diego: Mission San Diego de Acala, Mission San Luis Rey, and Mission San Juan Capistrano. We ended up at San Luis Rey purely on a whim - we'd been driving up the coast on the 101 and found ourselves in Oceanside. So we followed the signs and explored this gem of early California history. Highly recommended if you're in the area.

    Until you get there, though, there are winners. The first winner is the first one to get the correct answer: Janelle. She does live pretty close to San Luis Rey, but plenty of my other nearly-neighbors got it wrong. And I chose another random winner from the rest of the correct answers (there seems to be a correlation between correct answers and sending it to my email: Pam. (Go look at her Am Kamin. I love that sweater.) Winners, send me your addresses and I'll send you some yarn.

    Labels: ,

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    Wow wow, thanks! That's so cool. Doing things like "just driving" and finding local treasures like that is really fun, your getaway day is a great reminder to do it more often. Thanks again!

    2/03/2007 5:57 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank you for sharing your photos with us. I've only been to SD once, but I hope to go again someday. It's really beautiful there! So nice to see warm weather scenes, when it's at freezing temperatues here. :)

    2/05/2007 10:45 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    They hubby and I will definitely have to go there sometime. We are so excited to see you Saturday!

    2/06/2007 8:18 AM  
    Blogger Ingrid Hendy said...

    One year when my mother visited we 'did' all the missions between San Francisco and Ventura (I was living in Santa Barbara at the time). I wanted to finish the 'missions of california' but strangely without a tourist I never did.

    2/10/2007 11:56 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home