Thursday, January 18, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Retail Therapy

    Examinations are formidible even to the best prepared,
    for the greatest fool may ask more than the wisest man can answer.
    -Charles Caleb Colton

    I'm in the middle of a two-day long test. Speaking of high-stakes testing, it's the third and final part (spread over 3 years) of my US Medical Licensing Exam. And it's long. Today I answered 350 multiple choice questions about, well, just about anything medical is fair game. And after that, I felt a little, er, fried. So I betook myself to Border's where I had some $10.64 of "holiday" credit to spend before January 31st. . . . and, where it turns out, all the calendars are $4. Hooray for January calendar sales! I picked up my first-ever Knitting Pattern A Day Calendar (yes, not only are there no pictures, I'm also too lazy to even link today), as well as the Stich-and-Bitch page-a-day calendar. (And, lest you think it was all about me, I got the Trivial Pursuit Calendar for the beau.) All this for a total out-of-pocket cost of 17 cents, and the pleasure of sitting on the couch with my tea flipping through new knitting patterns. It was lovely. So lovely, in fact, that I'm off to dream happy knitting dreams in preparation for doing it all again tomorrow. Actual interesting blogging to resume after that.

    12 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    He must be a good man if he likes the Trivial Pursuit!
    Good luck on the rest of the test!

    1/19/2007 3:53 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Best of luck! I have a question for whenever you may have time to answer. How and/or where do you find your terrific quotes? You always seem to have an appropriate & interesting quote for your entries; I really enjoy them!

    1/19/2007 4:01 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck with the rest of the test!

    1/19/2007 4:04 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for the reminder, I have $4.67 to spend at Borders. Maybe I need a calendar too!

    Good luck with the rest of your exam!

    1/19/2007 6:21 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck! I'll be thinking of you.

    1/19/2007 6:47 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck with your exams!!! Ugh! Sounds horrible. You'll need some serious stash expansion therapy when it's all over!

    1/19/2007 8:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hope the exams went well! We should be able to see you this weekend, somehow or another. :) Rich and Laura got me the knitting pattern a day calendar, and it is too fun! (but bad when you're trying not to buy more yarn)

    1/19/2007 9:24 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ugh, 350 multiple choice questions -- you deserved the retail therapy! It's good to reward yourself.

    1/19/2007 11:18 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I managed to limit myself to two $4 calendars: kitties for me and paper airplane-a-day for my son. Unfortunately, the 3 local bookstores I checked had several crochet calendars left but were out of the knitting calendars. >:-#

    1/19/2007 12:54 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have been thinking of you and the boards!

    1/19/2007 4:53 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck with your test!

    1/19/2007 10:20 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck! I am doing a small cheerleader style cheer for your success. It's just a small one, so as not to draw too much attention to myself.

    1/21/2007 7:29 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home