Wednesday, January 10, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Gentleman's Socks

    Coming together is a beginning.
    Keeping together is progress.
    -Henry Ford

    Continuing along my theme of being a good knitalong-er, and also my inordinate love of Nancy Bush sock patterns, here is the first of two Railway Stitch Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks. It is, perhaps, the worst sock-in-progress photo ever, and you may wonder about the 007 Dozen Days button also on the sidebar. Let's just say this isn't one of my dozen . . . At any rate, don't you love the green stripes on the heels and toes? You will see this sock again. The lucky recipient (a friend of mine from college) was visiting recently and they could be just a smidge longer. But I don't want to redo the stripy toe. You see where this is going? We're going to cut and graft!

    In other, knitting-related news, I started my 8th block of internship yesterday - ER. While 12 hour shifts mean a lot of screaming babies, "dizzy" women, and people looking for Vicodin, it also means an entire month of no call. Who knows? I may even catch up on some sleep. I'll definitely be catching up on some knitting, some Chuppah, and I have a brand-new project in the works for Block 8. Don't hold your breath - I'm off to the ER again in about 10 minutes - but I'll be back with all the exciting details. And way better photos.

    11 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm guessing the ER will mean a lot of adrenalin rushes for you. The knitting should help to ease you back down.

    1/10/2007 7:22 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love the stripey heels and toes. Good luck w/ the ER.

    1/10/2007 8:48 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    The stripes on the toes and heels are a really nice touch! I can't wait to see more detail.

    Enjoy your month of not being on call. Maybe we should come visit, before things get crazy again?

    I got my first issue of Interweave! So many great patterns!

    1/10/2007 12:51 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    No call? That's almost better than chocolate, right? :) Wishing you much needed rest and relaxation this block! Oh - and knitting!

    1/10/2007 3:34 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck with the ER block. I know at my old job, when I got frustrated with my participants, I would find a lonely spot and mutter, "Big Fat Liar!" After this I was able to go back to dealing with the madness.

    Enjoy the extra sleep time! More sleep is part of my New Year's resolutions.

    1/10/2007 4:21 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like the green/blue combo. It's a nice look socking--are you sure you want to cut it up? Oh wait a minute, you're an expert knitter--you'll do fine! I'm not brave enough to try that techni

    1/10/2007 4:51 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sorry, that should say "nice looking sock".

    And the last word in the post should be "technique."

    Is it Monday or something????

    1/10/2007 4:53 PM  
    Blogger Punkin said...

    I type a lot of ER reports and admire the patience some of the doctors and nurses have with the public. I am really interested in the grafting of the sock toe.

    1/10/2007 6:09 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The Railway - another one I want to make - I like the grey with the special green striped heels and toes!
    Good luck with the "cut and graft"!!

    1/11/2007 9:09 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The sock looks great! Have fun on your "light" block, I hope you get rest and knitting done.

    That is one fabulous looking flight! It's so much more relaxing/refreshing to get out in a boat/plane for some reason.

    Congrats on the 66 FO's! (I'm gangcommenting, lol) The year of the Chuppah(/stash) should be as much fun to watch as the year of the Am Kamin sweater.

    Wow, that is some yarn order! I like the rhubarb. It's an accent color, it'll be fine. (IMO, of course).

    I tried to follow your lead and knit projects from books I own - but I keep coming across yarn being discontinued! Grrr.

    1/12/2007 11:27 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I guess I don't understand why it's easier to cut and graft than it is to redo the toe, even if it is in a contrasting color. Are you just looking to impress us all with your fearless weilding of scissors on your knitting??

    Since you asked, yes, I do love the stripes on the heels and toes.

    1/13/2007 6:57 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home