Thursday, February 08, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Fun in February

    February, fill the dyke with what thou dost like.
    -Thomas Tusser

    I'm sure that most of you have noticed that it is February already. Me? I'm just catching up. I was fine in January, but lately I've been writing "2006" on all of my orders. One of these years . . .

    At any rate, we now switched into Block 9 of 13 of this whole internship. That means a new month of the reading plan. And a new month of The UFO Resurrection. And new socks in the Knitting Vintage Socks and Knitting on the Road Knitalongs. Here are my plans:
    1. The Reading Plan: I have a lot of knitting on the plate right now and am still in closet-cleaning mode. So instead of knitting a new project from one book this month, I'm getting rid of two. Not only does it create more shelf space, but it has the same effect on my knit-to-not ratio.
    2. UFO Resurrection: I have plans to sew on the zippers of Ribby Cardi and Rogue. But I suspect that the New England Socks are more portable and might get finished first.
    3. Knitting Vintage Socks: Forgive the poorly lit photo, but I've started the Gentlemen's Plain Winter Socks. I wanted some cushy wool, so I adjusted the gauge for worsted weight.
    4. Knitting on the Road: The sock at the moment is Dalarna, which I knit years ago for a roommate, long before I had a blog or a camera. I have some Briggs and Little Durasport that might do nicely, but these may wait until next month. It is a two-month long knitalong.
    5. Internal Medicine Wards: Still trying not to kill people . . . And the reason I'm too tired to put links in this post. Google is your friend if you're curious.

    Labels: ,

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Rebecca said...

    I'm glad to see you casting on for the Plain Winter socks, Theresa! I will be knitting them, too but I think I need a patterned yarn to get me through. Since I am participating in the Knit From Your Stash 2007 I think I will go for some of my OLDEST stash yarn :-)

    2/08/2007 8:23 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Is it wrong that I'm depressed because you're out there saving lives and have more knitting plans than I do?

    2/08/2007 8:33 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well I'm thinking of doing the plain winter socks in plain old heathered gray- a little boring, but exactly what Dave wants and they are for him. Your February knitting plans sound perfect!

    2/09/2007 4:41 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Worsted wt socks are so cozy - even if they only fit in my Sorrells or riding boots. I like em for lounging around. And believe me, we still need cozy here. I woke up this am to -6F again. m

    2/09/2007 4:57 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Trying to not kill people is the right thing to do.

    I love the getting rid of two books plan instead of knitting a project from each of them! Very sensible.

    Dalarna is a sock? I'm so used to Brigitte's Dalarna Norwegian Sweater.

    2/10/2007 12:54 PM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    I'm glad you try not to kill people.

    I try not to wound them emotionally, but I'm sure I do it all the time without even realizing.

    Also, I tagged you!

    2/10/2007 1:14 PM  
    Blogger DonnaC said...

    How did you adjust the pattern for worsted weight and what size needles did you use? I just knit my first pair of worsted weight socks and it sure is instant gratification! Would love to do this pattern as well in a heavier weight than fingering.

    3/04/2007 3:23 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home