Friday, August 04, 2006

  • Main Page
  • A Banner Day

    What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night.
    It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.
    It is the little shadow which runs across the grass
    and loses itself in the sunset.

    -Crowfoot

    Yesterday was a banner day (except, of course, that I missed Knit Salon. Again.). Screen on the Green - Some Like It Hot outside in the park called instead. Did you know you can buy juice boxes of wine for those times you're not allowed to have glass? (You can.) But even before that I was in a great mood. Want to know why?

    My mail service has resumed after my move. While I'll hold off on the paean to the US Postal Service (or would an ode be more appropriate?), my local mail carrier brought me two wonderful things:

    1. My fall Interweave Knits did. (More thoughts on the issue later, but I think I liked it more than many of you in blogland).

    2. This:Silk. Wool. Singles. Hand-dyed. Gorgeous. Stunning. My favorite colors. I need to knit it now; I may never knit it, I may just carry it around with me all day every day. And why are visions of mini capelettes dancing through my head? Never worn a capelette in my life, but I think I may be about to start. Because this yarn is definitely whispering in my ear.

    P.S. I really DO think that's a tiger in yesterday's photo. I think I was at Tiger River taking these. But maybe it was really Monkey Trails? Either way, it's a wild beast.

    15 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    I was wondering yesterday where in the world the tiger was! That's definitely a monkey.

    8/04/2006 8:42 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    A Banner Day always reminds me of that scene in The Breakfast Club where Bender goes all melodramatic. Hopefully you did not receive any cigar burns.

    8/04/2006 9:36 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Yay for mail!

    8/04/2006 10:46 PM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    Wow, pretty!

    It looks like an orangatang when I clicked on the pic.

    8/05/2006 8:14 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I liked the IK very much. More reasonable patterns than usual, and a stunning shawl.

    Who is your silk/wool purveyor? FABULOUS color.

    8/05/2006 7:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I definitely like the new IK - you're not the only one :)

    8/06/2006 8:38 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The yarn is gorgeous and it looks like a capelette to me. These seem to be popping up more and more so it may be capelettes will be the next trend.

    8/06/2006 11:04 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I thought the fall IK was great and very high-yield -- I was surprised by the generally "meh" reaction of the rest of the knitting universe. So you have at least one person who agrees with you!

    8/06/2006 11:57 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    T,
    I think that the monkey ate your tiger.
    Have a great week, Love,

    8/07/2006 5:02 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The blue is SO pretty! And there is a first timefor everything. Even capelettes.

    PS Where is MY fall Interweave I'd like to know. Hrmph.

    8/07/2006 5:19 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oooo, she likes it! Yay! That yarn screamed Terri. Enjoy it, T! You deserve lovely yarn whether you have time to knit right now or not.

    8/07/2006 7:30 AM  
    Blogger Wendy said...

    Yummy - what is it????

    Wendy

    8/08/2006 12:21 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pretty yarn! A capelet would be wonderful in that California blue color.

    There is one sweater I really like in the new IK, but then I only usually like 1-2 projects per issue normally. I'm glad, because then I'd have way more things to knit than I have time (don't we all?).

    I hope you found your missing box and had a great visit with your family.

    8/09/2006 1:52 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I didn't think I liked this issue of IK until I saw the latest issue of VK, that is. Now IK is looking better and better to me.

    Love the blue yarn.

    8/09/2006 4:47 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Gorgeous yarn! I've made so many things that I never thought I'd wear but just wanted to make. Now I still haven't worn them but loved making them. Will I wear them? Someday.

    8/11/2006 12:21 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home