Tuesday, March 21, 2006

  • Main Page
  • I Can't Stop

    Live your life, do your work, then take your hat.
    -Henry David Thoreau

    I think I have issues with small, round objects. Remember the Christmas ornaments?

    Meet the Strawberry Hats:

    You know the ones - the Ann Norling pattern. It's incredibly popular, and for all the right reasons. It's supereasy, supercute, and a hit at any baby shower. It's always good to have a few little gifts stashed away, and I thought I should actually use some stash yarn before the Stashalong ends.

    It's the perfect marriage of convenience: while not very romantic, plenty of progeny. So far we have an heir and a spare. And there may be more to follow.

    ETA: You may notice some new contributors on the sidebar - I'm getting ready for a trip and preparing some special blog suprises for you. All will be revealed in the fullness of time. . . . like next week.

    11 Comments:

    Blogger Marina said...

    Not again! Where is Nurse Ratchet when you need her?

    3/21/2006 5:41 AM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Strawberry hats are great! I've also made a few little red sweaters and put strawberry buttons on them to "coordinate." Also a popular shower gift.

    3/21/2006 6:06 AM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    What a cute hat!!

    3/21/2006 7:21 AM  
    Blogger sheep#100 said...

    How cute!

    3/21/2006 7:38 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Am I mistaken that that pattern also provides instructions for an adult size? When will we see you modeling yours? I think wearing your stylish strawberry hat you'd be quite the hit with the locals on your trip.

    3/21/2006 8:40 AM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    Holy crap, that's a cute hat. Yet another pattern I need you to copy for me. After the trip, of course.

    3/21/2006 9:35 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sooo cute! I need to knit one of these.

    3/21/2006 12:00 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    Hey! I am glad you like my blog! I am pleased as punch that I found your knitting blog by just clicking on other people's blogs! It really is a small world. Let me know when you want to get together. I am going to grad school in August, but I will be around Providence until then.

    -SAK

    3/21/2006 8:36 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The strawberry hat is soooo adorable! I love it! I might have to knit one for the little "berry" in my life!

    3/21/2006 10:09 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ilove this hat pattern. I use it periodically because it's fast and easy.

    Very cute hats!

    3/21/2006 10:43 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love those hats!

    3/22/2006 3:49 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home