Thursday, March 23, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Aunti Meme

    Tag! You're it!
    -Playgrounds everywhere

    I posted late yesterday, but go back and help me with my hems.

    So, you may have noticed that I'm not all about memes. But this one is actually about knitting (and knitting blogs) and is just a rocking good time.

    Check out the rules at Jen and La, and then join in - they've tagged the whole world.

    Image hosting by Photobucket

    1. A blog which you think people have not discovered: Twin Knit
    Jennie in Appalachia has cool knitting that she displays against a backdrop of moutains and waterfalls and other gorgeousness . . . and she also has a really cool life. She goes contra dancing and buys cakes in decorated boxes.

    2. A blog whose author lives close to you physically. Just get as close as you can, it’s all relative: Silver Arrow Knits.
    I got a really fun email a couple of weeks ago from a college friend. She was at work (at the hospital where I spend too much time) and surfing knitting blogs instead of working . . . and she surfed onto mine and realized that we knew each other. I didn't even know she knit - how fun is that?

    3. An unusual or weird animal picture: None.
    I feel morally obliged to sit this one out. There are plenty out there without me calling attention to them.


    4.
    An entry that made you laugh and got you strange looks from family or co-workers: Oscar Knit at Knit and Plenty.
    Check out this spoof on the Oscars - "Good Knit and Good Luck," "Stash," and "Berocco Mountain" are all competing for honors. Too funny.

    5. An idea you wish you’d thought of: The Knitting Olympics.
    It opened up a whole world of competitive knitting to me. I love it.

    6. Something you’d like to knit: Everything at Have sticks, will travel . . .
    I'm giving you the general link to Marina's blog instead of to a specific post, because it's guaranteed to be something phenomenal, and probably involving stranded colorwork. This woman is amazing - every post involves not one but three different works of art in progress. I feel so inadequate.

    7. A picture of something you consider beautiful: Frost Flowers Shawl by See Eunny Knit!
    This has been in the back of my mind for a while, but the seafoam green (the color of my mom's bridesmaids' dresses) in the pattern doesn't come close to Eunny's deep claret version. This also qualifies for "Something I'd like to knit," but the photos are also just stunning.

    8. A blog whose author you’d like to one day meet in person: Knit 'n Lit.
    There are so many bloggers I'd love to meet in person, but Jenn and I came soclose to meeting a week or so ago that now I feel cheated.

    And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention A Little Loopy.
    I'm moving to San Diego this June, but I've been living vicariously through their blogs until then. They went skiing recently and wore sweaters - doesn't that sound promising?

    9. A blog of someone you have already met in person: Lickety Knit.
    Proof that technology can bring us together: I met Rachel when she found Team College Hill and quickly became a star addition. The good times have continued - last week we got together at her house and knit while her husband and his band played their acoustic stringed instruments downstairs. See how much better my life is because of Rachel?

    And because I need two for this one: Med Student Who Knits.
    Kristin and I met at a Yarn Harlot book signing last year, and it turns out we have lots in common. Like we're med students. And we knit. (She stole the title first.) We have big plans to meet up again soon.

    7 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, I grew up in San Diego! Enjoy the weather!

    3/23/2006 8:20 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just when my Bloglines are full to bursting you go and introduce me to several new knitting blogs I must stalk.

    I owe you like a dozen mentions on my blog. Thanks for always linking to me.

    3/23/2006 8:33 AM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    I'm with Rachel - this meme is doing EVIL things to my bloglines list... Off to check out new blogs!

    3/23/2006 9:04 AM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    I had no idea you were moving to San Diego! I thought you were just coming for a visit. We'll have to give you a full tour of all the good LYS and meet-up spots once you get here! We look forward to seeing you on our home turf!

    3/24/2006 11:40 AM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    Aw shucks, thank for the compliment but I'll bet when you finally knit a Fair Isle, you'll get an "ah, ha" moment ... like "ah, ha, now I know why she does this. It's so-o easy and yet looks difficult".

    3/24/2006 4:11 PM  
    Blogger Nikki said...

    What a fun meme! Thanks for all the new reading suggestions....nothing like more ways to procrastinate! :o)

    3/24/2006 6:46 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    ::blushing:: Golly! I am on someone else's blog! I would have posted earlier thanking you, but well, my bashfulness kicked into high gear.

    -SAK

    3/28/2006 10:18 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home