Thursday, January 15, 2009

  • Main Page
  • What Do Your Sweaters Say?

    To live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often.
    -John Henry Newman

    I'm in. NaKniSweMoDo (National Knit a Sweater Month Dodecathalon) here I come!

    I do well with goals, after all . . . and I've been planning all week. Between my actual day (and night) job, that is. It's been busy - more on that later. But before I dig deep and put all my big January goals and plans out there on the forefront, let me show you why I'm so inspired.

    You may recall the saga of the Second Anniversary Sweater. I finally got my colors and cast on. But then it sat there . And sat there. And sat there. I just wasn't inspired. It was hard on my hands, a non-intuitive cable pattern, and too bulky. It didn't say anything approaching "Happy Anniversary."

    So then I cast around and reconsidered. And I realized that my previous objections to the Anniversary Sweater were not insurmountable. I know how to add a sleeve cap. I have a measuring tape (it needs to be longer). And I do, in fact, have the perfect yarn in my stash.
    Isn't this a perfect fabric? (The color is more of a darker, true navy.) Doesn't it make your heart sing? Doesn't it say "I love you so much I knit an entire ribbed/cabled sweater in cotton on size 6 needles?"

    Too bad I had to order another 5 balls of off-white yarn for the contrasting stripe . . .

    Labels:

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Walden said...

    The cable and ribbing looks very nice in that yarn.

    1/15/2009 10:30 PM  
    Blogger Claire said...

    what a beautiful color! (the last one!)

    1/16/2009 1:55 PM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    Very pretty! Also, I tagged you for a meme.

    1/18/2009 10:12 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I agree, that yarn really does work! I'm sure he will love it.

    2/08/2009 11:29 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home