Tuesday, December 02, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Full Disclosure

    Colors, like features, follow the change of the emotions.
    -Pablo Picasso

    I'm glad there's so much general support for a year of just casting on whatever. In fact, there's so much support that I really felt free to start a whole month early. It's like those 13 month calendars.

    Apparently I was really feeling the lack of stranded colorwork. Meet Bondegard, a ridiculous (and ridiculously cute) Dale baby sweater that involves 14 colors of yarn. (They're labeled as 15, but the pullover doesn't need color 14. If you look closely, you can see that I had to take my sharpie and label each with it's color number and the chart symbol. And we all wonder why my stash is growing . . .
    Since Bondegard is a bit of a lengthy project, I went for some more immediate gratification. In fact, it's surprisingly fast - almost instant! Here are the Snowflake Socks from the Fall 2007 Interweave in KnitPicks Telemark. They're so delightful I had to pull them on before even taking the dpns out of the toe!

    Good thing I'm moving along here. The yarn for the Tree Bark Pullover has arrived off back order. I'd sort of forgotten that I'd ordered not one but two options for the contrast color. For those of you not following in excruciating detail, see the linked post here. I decided to continue with the Tree Bark Pullover in Mission Falls 1824 cotton. My main color is Indigo (#404), and my options for the contrast color are Chicory (#401) and Sky (#403). Both are light blues. The Chicory is more of a slate and the Sky is more, well, sky-like. Both are pleasing with the Indigo. Any thoughts? I'm withholding judgment (and thus, casting on, since the cast on row is in the contrast color) until I can see and compare them in sunlight.

    Labels: , , ,

    9 Comments:

    Blogger alligator said...

    I think it is smart of you to wait and compare your color options in the sunlight.

    Your new sock is adorable!

    12/02/2008 9:44 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    I absolutely adore that Dale sweater! I've been thinking about starting to knit for future grandbabies and stashing them away. There are just too many cute baby sweaters and I can't possibly knit all of them before that first birthday. Who will be the lucky recipient of this baby Dale?

    12/02/2008 10:19 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    That is the cutest sweater I have ever seen. I can't wait to see your finished project!

    12/02/2008 11:10 PM  
    Blogger Angelika said...

    Wow, 14 colors. I'd be doing the same thing with the marker. I love the socks, but haven't cast them on, because I usually don't use thicker than fingering yarn. I bet that pattern makes nice mittens too.

    12/03/2008 3:19 AM  
    Blogger Laurie said...

    I vote for slate as a bit more of a contrast.

    Nice sox. What's the white?

    12/03/2008 4:04 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I LOVE those stranded socks.
    I'm off to queue them on my ravelry.
    =)

    12/03/2008 4:59 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I vote for chicory. I think for the hubby, the grey-blue is better. But definitely check them out under natural light.

    12/03/2008 2:34 PM  
    Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

    I love the sweater:)Hugs Darcy

    12/03/2008 10:54 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Lovely sweater choice! The socks look great, too. I should knit some thick, outdoorsy ones for my dad. His feet are so big though.;P

    12/05/2008 12:58 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home