Saturday, November 22, 2008

  • Main Page
  • At A Loss

    Blue flower, red thorns! Blue flower, red thorns! Blue flower, red thorns! Oh, this would be so much easier if I wasn't color-blind!
    -Donkey in Shrek

    There are no stranded colorwork projects on my needles right now. I don't know how to handle it. I'm beginning to think that this is really my favorite kind of knitting, although as soon as I say that I feel the urge to knit some cables. Regardless, I do think that stranded knitting is an important part of my balanced knitting diet.

    So, what to knit next (in the colorwork way)? For the moment, I'm limiting myself to projects I can make from my stash.
    Or should I just hold out until December 1st, when I'll be starting my Snowflake Socks (IK link) in a burgundy and cream?

    Today I'll be holding off on casting on as I join JayJay for other crafty pursuits (like sewing! and playing with the baby!). Keep your fingers crossed for sewing in a straight line!

    Labels: , ,

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    I love the three tams and I can't wait to make my own snowflake socks. Can't wait to see your Dale modeled - I'm sure it's awesome!

    11/22/2008 1:31 PM  
    Blogger Jessica said...

    I don't think you should wait until December. Some of those projects, like the tams, will only take a few days to knit. You can knock off a bunch before sock time.

    11/22/2008 1:34 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    A hat to match your Dale sweater. Easy to do while your fingers and head still are holding on to some of the motif patterns.

    11/22/2008 5:10 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have fun with JayJay, my dear T!

    11/23/2008 8:17 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, you are tempting me to try some stranded knitting.

    I had a great time sewing together!

    11/24/2008 12:40 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home