Sunday, November 16, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Gathered

    Great is the road I climb,
    but the garland offered by an easier route is not worth the gathering.
    -Propertius

    OK, OK crewneck it is. The response is overwhelming, and I think we're all agreed that it would be a problem to interrupt the lovely snowflake. The good news is that now I think it'll be done by the end of the week. In the meantime, since I'm past the halfway point of NaBloPoMo, let's review a sweater I finished back during The Great Blogging Drought of 2008.

    Gathered Pullover
    Pattern: from Interweave Knits, Winter 2007
    Yarn: Garnstudio Silke-Tweed, about 6 skeins
    Needles: US 7
    Notes: Great easy pattern in the round, no mods.
    Best Thing About This Project: A great San Diego sweater.
    There you see a sneak photo by my dad when we were in Santa Fe (James - that's a golden doodle - let's get one!), but you can see that it's in action. Unlike the Dale, this is the perfect weight sweater for most of the year in San Diego. Initially I was a little skeptical, but seeing Loribird's here made me realize it was the perfect project for this yarn, which is some of the oldest in my stash. I got it from the sale bin of a small shop in Rhode Island on a rainy day my senior year of college. Eek! Anyway, now it's finally come to fruition, and getting a lot of wear. In fact, I wore it out last night.

    Labels:

    7 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay, crewneck wins.

    Gathering is a cute sweater, but not nearly as cute as that Doodle.

    11/16/2008 9:25 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I really like this one!

    11/17/2008 5:36 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, that's the perfect combination of yarn and pattern. We hope you are so excited to see you this Saturday!

    11/17/2008 12:24 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Ooops, sorry about the unclear last sentence of that last post. What I meant to say was, we hope you are still able to come Saturday and we are very excited to see you. Whew, I guess I need some more sleep. ;)

    11/17/2008 12:25 PM  
    Blogger Lori said...

    Sweet! I've got a sweater-twin! It looks fantastic, and I *know* how nice it is to wear! ;)

    11/17/2008 2:59 PM  
    Blogger Angelika said...

    Interesting Doodle, oh, and the sweater looks great too.

    11/19/2008 1:54 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So pretty! I love this!

    11/24/2008 5:46 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home