Wednesday, November 12, 2008

  • Main Page
  • A Weekend in Pictures

    The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
    -St. Augustine

    As you know, last weekend I went here

    (Santa Fe, New Mexico), to see these folks(my parents), and these folks(flitgirl's parents), and drink good coffeeand show off a new finished object.(Ignore that I really need a hair cut. Thanks.) I guess you know that a finished object is successful when it gets stolen within a day of being cast off. In a fit of excitement last week, I decided that November's yarn of the month was destined to be a cowl. It was delightful - this cushy handspun merino singles that I bought in the Union Square Greenmarket about 3 or 4 years ago. And feather-and-fan. And speedy. I'm so in love. (And so is my mom, wearing it above.)

    Greenmarket Cowl
    Pattern: Luxe Neck Warmer from Knit 2 Together (Ravelry link)
    Yarn: handspun merino from the Union Square Greenmarket
    Needles: US 10 (it's like knitting a hat, without needing dpns for the top!)
    Notes: No changes.
    Best Thing About This Project: I've already made another one of these (if my mom liked it that much, she's definitely getting one for Christmas), and started Nova's Birthday Cowl in some other yarn. This is the best bandwagon I've been on in a while!

    Labels: , ,

    3 Comments:

    Blogger margene said...

    Looks like fun! Pasqual's is SO GOOD. I'd love to go back.

    11/12/2008 7:53 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Pretty! I might have to join the bandwagon too.

    11/13/2008 7:24 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I just love Sante Fe. It's so artsy and cool (literally and figuratively this time of year). That neck warmer looks great, and I actually have that pattern. I definitely need to take a look at it.

    11/17/2008 12:21 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home