Wednesday, November 26, 2008

  • Main Page
  • That Other Needle

    One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas.
    How he got into my pajamas, I'll never know.
    -Groucho Marx

    Knitting? What knitting? I've been muddling my way through this:
    Sewing patterns are a bit daunting if you're not used to them. It's a really good thing JayJay held my hand through the beginning when I got to see her last weekend. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I never would have gotten off the ground.

    On a related note, did you know that you can actually use up a whole spool of thread?I'd actually never really considered such a thing. As I pondered when I saw that the price sticker said "Clover $1.29." That's a store that's been out of business for at least a dozen years, and I suspect that I stole it from my mom when I went to college some ten years ago. (Sorry, Mom!)

    Here's a sneak preview of my first-ever sewn garment: The pajama pants are almost done, full details to follow.

    Labels:

    4 Comments:

    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    Cute PJs!

    11/26/2008 9:25 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Way to go, Theresa!! You can do it--it does get easier the more you sew, trust me. Patterns today are SOOO much simpler than years ago. Happy Turkey Day, dear.

    Love, Susan

    11/27/2008 6:45 AM  
    Blogger carla said...

    I love them! I'm obsessed with sewing right now and want to make a pair of pajama bottoms for myself. About the thread, I was stressing yesterday because I was running out of thread and knew I didn't have time to go to the store before we needed to leave, but I didn't want to be stuck waiting for my husband to come home without being able to sew. Luckily he walked in just as I was finishing up the last bit. I thought it was like finishing a tube of lipstick, something that's theoretically possible but never actually happens.

    Happy sewing, and happy Thanksgiving!

    11/27/2008 9:02 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Yay! They look so cute! I'm glad I was helpful. Wait until you start to sew more, you'll go through lots of thread. ;)

    12/05/2008 11:43 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home