Monday, January 05, 2009

  • Main Page
  • The Truth Comes Out

    Life is like eating artichokes,
    you have to go through so much to get so little.
    - Thomas A. Dorgan

    I hate twisted stitches. There. I said it. So sue me.

    I had all sorts of good intentions for my one scheduled/planned knitting of 2009 - the Personal Sock of the Month Club. And then I pulled out the bag with this lovely jeweled green Koigu that I had earmarked for the Snicket pattern. Which is a lot of twisted stitches on a purl background.

    After forcing the interns and anyone else who happened to be on call last night to look, we all agreed that the right side of the project was not nearly so attractive as the wrong side. So I set about on my Ravelry queue looking for a stockinette based sock pattern.
    Maybe it's the green, but I just had to start the Artichoke Socks. And they got twice as far in half the time. No twisted stitches here!

    Labels: ,

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You cheater! Ha!Ha! I haven't opened up any of my bags yet so I may just be saying the same thing. I had wanted to knit those Artichoke Socks and read something negative about the pattern on someone's blog - can't remember who it was or what they said now. Hopefully,it will be smooth SAILING for you! Happy New Year!

    1/06/2009 9:40 AM  
    Blogger Katie said...

    Don't look now, but there are gratuitous mitten photos on my personal website... much loved already!

    Did you get your (very) belated care package?

    1/09/2009 10:58 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I say stick with the easy pattern!

    1/13/2009 8:46 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home