Sunday, December 14, 2008

  • Main Page
  • My So-Called Something

    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.
    -Stephen Wright

    And I was doing so well. With blogging. With stash reduction. And then I saw this post on Ravelry offering a phenomenal deal on sock yarn. Let's consider that my Christmas present to myself, shall we?

    Believe it or not, I was actually (sort of kind of maybe in another universe) running low on sock yarn. Or at least it seemed that way since I copied Rebecca and bagged up all my yarn for Personal Sock Club 2009. Out of sight, out of mind.

    So, blogging. I kept telling myself I had so much to blog about and then that seemed daunting, so I put it off. So we'll just pop in for fun here.

    This was the project of the month from November. Or was it October? I finished it just in time for the 3 year anniversary of buying the yarn just for this project. I bought it at Churchhouse Yarns on Bainbridge Island on a delightfully chilly and blustery and rainy day in the Pacific Northwest when I was visiting the incomparable Kate D. Ah, memories.

    My So-Called Scarf
    Pattern: free, online
    Yarn: Manos del Uraguay
    Needles: US 9
    Notes: No changes. Great pattern.
    Best Thing About This Project: The memories, of course. And how it matches my winter coat. That I'll get to wear in Pennsylvania next week.

    Is it just me or have scarves gotten fun lately? I've spent most of today captivated by a Noro Striped Scarf (but in Paton's Soy Wool Stripes), and I just started Besotted for my handknit-appreciating husband. He is always telling me to buy more yarn, after all. Right, honey? Right? Right? Hello? Are you there? You like me to buy yarn, right?

    Labels: ,

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Jocele said...

    I just checked out your skeins/yards knitted up this year...Amazing. How do you find the time? And you've been tagged...check out the blog for details.

    12/14/2008 10:38 PM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    The destash group is dangerous on ravelry. You got some great buys!

    12/14/2008 10:41 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Scarves are fun, and sometimes a girl just needs to buy some new yarn. I know I do. (And did. A lot..)

    12/14/2008 11:53 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    I love the colors of your So Called Scarf! I found that to be a fun knit, too. The Besotted Scarf looks like a good possibility for a Valentine knit for my hubster. Can't wait to see your Noro Scarf with the Patons Soy yarn...they ARE addicting! (I'm trying not to click on that first link you put in your blog about stash enhancement but think I'm going to have to check it out)

    12/15/2008 8:10 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Soc cute- I love the colorway!

    12/16/2008 9:52 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cute scarf! I'm sure I heard him say yes, btw. :)

    12/16/2008 4:50 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm doing that one as a Top Secret Knitting Project! Hope mine turns out half as well.

    12/16/2008 5:40 PM  
    Blogger Leah said...

    Hey Theresa,
    You're coming to PA next week? That's awesome that you get x-mas off. I'm working 24-26 nights in the ER, but I get some days off over new years ;) Just found out that I am going to Botswana next year with the Pediatric AIDS Corps! What are your plans?
    ~Leah

    12/17/2008 7:47 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    The scarf looks great! It looks very soft and cozy, too. I think you've earned a present for yourself, and was better gift than yarn?

    12/21/2008 12:16 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home