Saturday, December 06, 2008

  • Main Page
  • Things I Love

    Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.
    -Abraham Lincoln

    Things I'm loving today:
    1. My snazzy new haircut - no more buns!
    2. Pedicures. Being able to wear flipflops to my pedicure in San Diego.
    3. My sister calling me to inform me that she ONLY has four pairs of handknit socks.
    4. Her favorite socks, by the way, are the Merino Lace socks made of Judy's hand-dyed sock yarn. The yarn gets a rousing endorsement for being "too soft to be wool." God bless Merino!
    5. These Dale patterns I picked up at Velona Needleworks a few weeks ago. The middle two - St. Anton and Baby Trondheim - are the hard-to-find ones.
    6. Christmas movies on TV. Back to the knitting!

    Labels:

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

    Pictures of the snazzy new haircut, please!!!!

    Lots to love, indeed.

    12/06/2008 6:37 PM  
    Blogger Chris Tolomei (alicethelma) said...

    I love that quote by AL. I send it to my daughter after she makes up her mind in advance to have a bad time. I tell her to decide to have a good time and she will. Thanks for the reminder!

    12/06/2008 6:46 PM  
    Blogger Knitting Up North said...

    Yes, we need to see the snazzy new haircut that makes the bun obsolete. :) I too am loving all the Christmas movies on TV, makes for great knitting time. Love SC

    12/06/2008 7:29 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    Well I want to see the snazzy new haircut and the toes!

    12/07/2008 6:57 AM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    Not fair to tempt with news of a haircut and no photos!

    12/07/2008 4:44 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yes.... picture of the haircut please!

    12/08/2008 4:17 AM  
    Blogger Angelika said...

    They all beat me to it. So don't hide, let's see the hair.

    12/08/2008 5:17 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I vote to see The Hair too, but those Dale pamphlets are pretty cute.

    Christmas movies are just so much nicer than the Halloween ones!

    12/09/2008 1:44 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I'm so glad you were able to find those rare patterns at Velona's. It made the trip worthwhile for sure. Actually, I've been using the needles I bought as well, so it was good all around.

    I would love to see the new haircut too. :)

    12/21/2008 12:14 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home