Thursday, December 18, 2008

  • Main Page
  • It's Christmastime

    From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another
    The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other.
    -Emily Matthews

    There's nothing like handmade for Christmas. I have all sorts of handknits winging themselves across the country - even the world! - but they're secret. Well, except for Kate D's. She opened her presents before Christmas. Go ahead and start the public shaming. So, since I can't show you any of the lovely things I've been making (shhhh!), let's all enjoy the table runner my mother-in-law made.

    It's perfect for our dining room table. It has a lovely pieced top with Christmas fabrics, and check out the quilting.

    Do you think she put hearts in the corners on purpose? I'm guessing so.

    Now I need to pack. My flight for home leaves tomorrow night, and the weather report is calling for a high of about 43 degrees for the entire time I'll be there. So, which hats, scarves, mittens, gloves, and sweaters to take? Gosh, my life is hard!

    Labels:

    11 Comments:

    Blogger Kristen said...

    The runner will make a festive Christmas table.
    We are due for our first big snowstorm of the season in RI- my school is cancelled already!

    12/19/2008 2:50 AM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    12/19/2008 9:59 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's snowing in NYC! Just in time for your arrival. Will this delay your flight at all? What time are you anticipating coming by tomorrow morning?

    12/19/2008 10:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    At last you get to wear your woollie knits. Merry Christmas!

    And one is supposed to open presents as they're received. Doesn't everyone do that? Just me and Kate D? Harumph.

    12/19/2008 2:56 PM  
    Blogger Angelika said...

    That's a nice present. I need to do some small quilting so badly and finish the one that's been following me for a couple of years now. Enjoy your christmas holidays.

    12/21/2008 5:55 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    What a beautiful table runner. I should make us a Christmas one. I have lots of holiday fabrics. However, I'm not nearly so talented a quilter as your mother-in-law.

    Have fun in PA for the holidays! If you are bored in January when you return let us know. We would love to see you again.

    12/21/2008 12:20 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    I'd rather have homemade than store-bought any day! Your MIL is one talented lady...those stitches look very even and I should know because mine are very crooked. Have a WONDERFUL time in PA and have a very Merry Christmas!

    12/21/2008 2:21 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    James is one lucky guy.

    Not only does he get expertly knitted sweaters, etc., he also gets the most beautiful quilted gifts I've ever seen. Your bedspreads are heirlooms.
    Now, if he would just come over for some homemade soup.

    Thanks for coming "home for the holidays."

    12/21/2008 7:13 PM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    Have a wonderful holiday! Hope to see you soon when you get back :)

    12/22/2008 9:15 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have a great trip!

    12/22/2008 9:50 AM  
    Blogger carolyninAlaska said...

    What beautiful quilting!
    I always think I should learn to do that but knitting keeps getting in the way...

    12/30/2008 10:09 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home