Tuesday, August 22, 2006

  • Main Page
  • G'Day, Mates!

    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
    It's already tomorrow in Australia.
    -Charles M. Shultz

    If I had ever required proof that the world is a small world indeed, Meg would provide it. To make a long story of many emails short, she used to shop at the same historic arcade that I did. And now she lives in Australia. We never would have 'met.' But now she writes a knitting blog. On which she does many fun things, including documenting the wild beast known as the novelty scarf in its natural habitat (go searching for the whole series - very worthwhile) and having fun contests. Which I just won. International post being what it is, I had nearly (but not quite) forgotten that I was expecting this. I was so delightfully surprised to come home to this gorgeous handpainted Montage Collection Mohair from New Zealand in stunning colors. They call it Aubergine. I think it has all the jewel tones of a peacock (or, my birds of paradise, for that matter). It is fabulous. Dramatic. Stunning, even. It says night out on the town. It says that I am way classier than I really am, but who here has ever won an argument with their yarn?

    Any pattern suggestions? I have 200g, about 400m. And I'm all ears. The yarn is talking, why don't you?

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    Don't forget that Meg's friend from college is dating (and living with) one of Toasty Joe's best friends here in New York!

    8/22/2006 8:38 AM  
    Blogger silverarrowknits said...

    The yarn is utterly gorgeous.

    8/22/2006 10:08 AM  
    Blogger Meg said...

    Theresa, I am so happy you like the yarn. I will be very interested ot see what you will do with it. My own idea was to make a Clapotis type scarf with it. (Of course the mohair will present a challenge in unravelling the ladders of dropped stitches.)
    It sounds like I'm going to have to get some of the low-down on Toasty Joe and his mates from flitgirl! Ah, the tangled web we weave...

    8/22/2006 4:05 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    It is a crazy small world, as I just stumbled across Meg's blog a few days ago looking for others who had knit the Baltic Sea Stole. Yowzas!

    8/22/2006 4:18 PM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    Is it possible to win an argument with yarn? Definitely a stole of some kind. Hmmm. Have to think about this.

    8/22/2006 4:22 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home