Friday, August 25, 2006

  • Main Page
  • All Over Again

    You make the beds, you do the dishes, and six months later you have to start all over again.
    -Joan Rivers

    Month 3 of my 13 month internship is here, and it is looking to be a very very good month. For one, it's my birthday tomorrow. For two, it has the word "clinic" in the title. Do you know what that means? Clinics have hours. Regular. Scheduled. Hours. No call. No weekends. No nights. . . . for the last time until April, so I'm enjoying it while I can. Is it any wonder I'm getting a little caught up on the knitting plan?

    On your left is the finished Dale baby hat. Isn't it just about the cutest thing ever? The pattern calls for a pom-pom on top, and I'm inclined to agree, but that'll wait until I see how much of which colors I have after finishing (and starting) the matching sweater. (Don't hold your breath.) Close up of the adorable ladybugs on your right. Blocking is an amazing, amazing thing for stranded colorwork. There are reasons you're not really seeing a lot of "before" shots.

    Ladybug Baby Hat
    Pattern: cover hat (matching sweater to follow) from Baby Knits from Dale of Norway (now tragically out of print) in colorway #2
    Yarn: Dale Baby Ull. soft. machine washable. inexpensive. great colors. Yum!
    Needles: US 0 16" Addis for band, US 2 16" Addis for top
    Notes: The only real modification to this project was that I picked up the cast-on row and knit the hem together with the body when I reached that length on the body. The pattern called for just folding up the hem, but it looked like it was way more inclined to roll than that, so I took a proactive approach.
    Best Thing About This Project: knitting on call

    And now that that's finished, look what's in store for Month 3: Twenty skeins arrived in the mail yesterday. Time to dye my needles blue!

    26 Comments:

    Blogger Lynda said...

    I'm pretty sure that hat IS the cutest thing EVER! It really does need a matching sweater... ;O)

    8/25/2006 1:52 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That hat is adorable!

    What's your plan for the denim? I've got 20 skeins marinating in my stash and I can't decide what to do with it.

    8/25/2006 1:58 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The hat is Adorable!!!!!!

    8/25/2006 1:58 PM  
    Blogger knitzalot said...

    That hat looks great!

    8/25/2006 2:34 PM  
    Blogger Francesca said...

    Yes, it is in fact the cutest thing ever. And that includes baby pandas and kittens yawning. I feel the need to try a baby ull pattern now.

    8/25/2006 3:36 PM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    So cute! It came out great :-) Enjoy your clinic time. And Happy Early Birthday!!

    8/25/2006 4:02 PM  
    Blogger Pat K said...

    What a cute hat! And another Happy Early Birthday! May you enjoy it from start to finish.

    8/25/2006 4:50 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Enjoy your clinic hours!

    8/25/2006 5:15 PM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    How cute! Enjoy your clinic hours next month. You don't have to work tomorrow, do you?

    8/25/2006 5:26 PM  
    Blogger sloth-knits said...

    Hey, happy birthday! The ladybug pattern is adorable.

    8/25/2006 9:45 PM  
    Blogger Amy O'Neill Houck said...

    What is the denim for? I love that stuff....

    8/25/2006 9:59 PM  
    Blogger Kris said...

    I love the ladybugs, the hat is adorable.

    8/26/2006 6:15 AM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    Adorable! Did you have any trouble carrying three colors on a row? I have the pattern and it is definitely on my list for my granddaughter some day.

    8/26/2006 6:16 AM  
    Blogger Carole Knits said...

    That hat is the cutest thing! Enjoy your regular hours while they last.

    8/26/2006 6:17 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Happy Birthday! The hat is super cute (but you knew that already! :)). Enjoy your day, and your month of Clinic!

    8/26/2006 6:37 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Birthday. Your little hat is too cute. I love it. I love how much you are able to knit with your busy, crazy schedule. I hope this next month of clinic will allow you more time to rest, knit and blog.

    8/26/2006 7:19 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's 5:20 a.m. here in Berlin so I can officially congratulate you. Happy Birhtday!!!!! I hope you have a good one!
    That hat is adorable-I just love ladybugs.

    8/26/2006 8:26 PM  
    Blogger Reese said...

    Those ladybugs are the CUTEST! I've got to figure out how to do colourwork so I can make cute things like that.

    Happy birthday! I was in SD only last week!

    8/27/2006 7:19 AM  
    Blogger Meg said...

    happy birthday!!! It's already tomorrow here, so I'll have a little bit of cake and ice cream in your honour!

    8/27/2006 7:45 PM  
    Blogger Nikki said...

    Happy belated birthday!

    Starting clinic hours is an awesome birthday gift - hooray!

    8/28/2006 3:58 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That hat is soooo cute! I think I may have to knit one. I love the detail. Glad you have good clinic hours. Our residents have to stretch their days at times to keep up with it all.

    8/28/2006 6:27 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes, I will grant you that that hat is the cutest thing ever. However, I have a suspicion that it would be dethroned by the matching sweater. Or perhaps the two together would rule forever over all cute things everywhere.

    Happy (belated) birthday!

    8/28/2006 8:42 AM  
    Blogger Marji said...

    oh I love that ladybug knit. I've been looking at the pattern booklet forever. Need grandchildren (Not Yet!) Happy Birthday. Isn't Carrie the greatest? (I couldn't get the comments to work on the next post)

    8/28/2006 11:37 AM  
    Blogger Elinor said...

    Awwww, that is the most adorable hat ever. I've been looking for that pattern book on eBay for a few mos because I just had a baby girl. It looks wonderful!!!!

    8/28/2006 8:19 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That hat is so cute! Beautiful work.

    8/29/2006 12:50 PM  
    Blogger DeeAnn said...

    Yep, that gauge is for the bold indeed. It makes a great fabric, the hat is adorable!

    Happy (very) belated Birthday!! You can never have too many good wishes can you ? :)

    9/03/2006 6:42 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home