Monday, April 10, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Home Again

    No, not here. Over there.
    Three terminals and two security checkpoints from here.
    -All the "helpful" airport officials at Dulles yesterday

    I am home, a day later than I should be. Many many thanks to all my guest bloggers for holding down the fort in my absence. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

    I had an absolutely wonderful time in Europe (Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Scotland), I have a fabulous new (and red) Volvo, and, among other things, drunk Slovenian moonshine with Scots. In Scotland. They used words like "nutter." Go figure. More details, including all sorts of great scenic knitting photos to follow.

    In the interim, I'm still trying to recover from this:That would be the inflight entertainment on board. That was actually the best part of a day that turned into two when we got delayed, etc. etc. etc. I won't bore you with the details, but it wasn't pretty and there was knitting in the luggage that was (temporarily) lost.

    On the upside, the stole pictured above is very pretty. And pretty, as in pretty funny, are the looks people give you when you take pictures of your knitting on the plane. If you think people look at you funny when you walk around town and take photos of your yarn, just try it at 36,000 feet over the middle of the North Atlantic. I think they were genuinely frightenend.

    11 Comments:

    Blogger Marina said...

    Welcome home, sounds like you had a great trip!

    About knitting on planes ... the only episode of Airline (?) that I saw, there was a woman whining and insisting on not going on the same plane with another person who had knitting needles!

    4/10/2006 8:08 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Glad you're home safe and sound! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

    4/10/2006 8:15 PM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    Watch out! She has pointy needles and a camera - get the Air Marshalls!

    Welcome home!

    4/10/2006 8:26 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad you are back! Looking forward to hearing trip and knitting details. And seeing the photos!

    4/10/2006 9:14 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay!! Welcome home, you and your new Volvo.

    My Saab had the same kind of offer if I went to Europe to pick it up. I didn't have the time right then, and they had exactly the model I wanted here, so I bought it at home.

    Can't wait to hear the details and see the pictures!
    And the SOCK YARN!!

    4/10/2006 9:22 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Welcome back! Glad you had a good trip, and look forward to seeing the photos and hearing more. By the way, your guest bloggers did a nice job!

    The car sounds like fun! I'm sure you will enjoy it -- I love my V70 wagon; I just wish I could have picked it up the way you did!

    4/10/2006 10:14 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You've taken years off your readers' lives by bringing up concepts like "knitting in lost luggage." So glad to hear it was just temporary!

    Isn't it amazing how badly airlines can screw up? And how often they do it. I honestly don't understand how they get away with it. If any other industry offered such a low quality of service (and customer service), I don't know that they'd last. Sorry to hear about your misadventures.

    Oh, welcome home, by the way! Good to have you back.

    4/11/2006 4:45 AM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Welcome back! Oh, the horror of lost luggage - glad it was only temporary. And glad that your fellow passengers didn't decide you were a security risk and do something drastic.

    Is your new Volvo already here?

    4/11/2006 6:25 AM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    Yay, traveling abroad for Volvos! I'm so glad you're home. I have missed knowing that you're in the same country. With your knitting.

    Thank you for the hat and mittens. They are adorable. The only reason I'm currently saying, "Boo to spring!"

    When do you switch coasts? I'm looking forward to sharing a time zone.

    4/11/2006 9:29 AM  
    Blogger Nikki said...

    Welcome home! Glad the trip was fun. I'm confused, though...you bought a car in Europe? To bring back to the USA??

    4/11/2006 10:11 AM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    Welcome home! I can't wait to hear of your adventures - and I am glad your knitting was only temporarily lost!

    4/11/2006 12:54 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home