Saturday, April 01, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Cast On- Cast Off

    "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to have to go after it with a club."
    - Jack London


    Hi Everyone, I'm Terri's Mom and the happy recipient of beautiful knitted items. The mittens, scarves, socks and the ultimate rosebud sweater all serve as a reminder of my talented daughter. They all keep me so warm. I know I'm a very lucky Mom.
    Although I learned how to knit as a child, casting on continues to elude me. Terri has tried twice to teach me, but alas, I still cannot cast onto the needles. I keep dropping and adding loops. Any suggestions out there?
    I really admire all of you for using your time, talent and creativity so wisely. Keep knitting!

    For your enjoyment here is a shot of Hannah modeling some of Terri's earlier creations.

    Did you ever wonder what your parents did for fun, after the kids are all off in college?

    9 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Such a patient dog. Despite being new to blogging, you have the photo op setup down perfectly!

    4/02/2006 4:12 AM  
    Blogger sheep#100 said...

    The other dogs are laughing at him.

    My Stash Flash

    4/02/2006 7:14 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Re: casting on - practice makes perfect, and I bet your daughter would be happy to continue helping you. My second-and-last born will be off to college next fall, so we're looking forward to an empty nest, but probably won't be dressing up the pets!

    4/02/2006 10:38 AM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    So once the kids leave, one has to turn to tormenting the dog? Who knew?
    lol.

    There are oodles of casting on techniques. Maybe one that doesn't involve knitting them on? Other than that, practice, practice, practice.

    4/02/2006 1:17 PM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    Oh, heavens! I love this blog... and I'm supposed to be writing an entry for Theresa very soon, but have no idea how to do it!

    Help!

    4/02/2006 1:42 PM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Hee hee - what a great picture!

    4/02/2006 4:57 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ha! The scarf is cute, but the mittens are a hilarious touch!

    Now that my sister and I are all grown up, if my parents are spending their time dressing up the cats, I'm annoyed that I haven't seen pictures!

    4/02/2006 6:43 PM  
    Blogger Nikki said...

    I learned to cast on from a book....could never figure it out from watching someone. I recommend Sally Melville's "The Knitting Experience" series (the first book, "The Knit Stitch," is probably a good place to start for casting on techniques).

    What a patient dog! :o)

    4/03/2006 6:30 PM  
    Blogger Theresa said...

    Poor Hannah!

    Tell her there are lots of dogs everywhere in Scotland!

    4/05/2006 3:18 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home