Friday, February 03, 2006

  • Main Page
  • Spring Training

    That's the true harbinger of spring, not the crocuses or sparrows returning to Capistrano, but the sounds of a bat on a ball. -Bill Veeck

    I know we're all about winter sports right now: skiing, knitting, ice skating, knitting, bobsled, knitting, speed skating, knitting . . . But don't forget about the Grapefruit League. Our favorite team returns to Florida February 18th for Spring Training.

    Katja and I decided to do a little Spring Training of our own in Florida this weekend. In between a bridal shower (not ours) and wedding dress fittings (also not ours), we'll be stitching away and warming our knitting muscles in preparation for the Opening Ceremonies. Because I have a sense of irony, I'll be knitting Winter Folly while I'm there.

    Your Friday KAL update is on hold this week. I'm on vacation, and in the Knitting Underway universe, we love baseball, apple pie, and my mom.

    5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    T. Having fun reading your blog. Good to see that you are studing hard. Congrats on the new wheels. PS-In order to get better close-up pictures when filming clothing, you have to get out of auto focus and unfortunately use the manual focus mode (sorry, just like at gs). The auto focus uses ultrasound waves and the clothing doesn't give a clean echo.

    2/03/2006 8:15 AM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Have a great weekend in Florida! I'm jealous. (as the snow falls outside the window)

    2/03/2006 8:40 AM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    Man, I'm waiting for that time when I can take off any time I want. Lucky you.

    2/03/2006 1:25 PM  
    Blogger Laura said...

    Hope you're having a great time! :)

    2/04/2006 3:06 AM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    D'oh - I just found the vintage argyle socks pattern I knew I had... It's in Columbia-Minerva Beehive Yarn Manual for Knitting and Crochet (Book 730) - there are actually two different fingering sock patterns (both with matching vests) - one on 52, 54, or 56 sts and the other on 68 sts.

    2/05/2006 2:30 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home