Saturday, December 31, 2005

  • Main Page
  • One More Spin Around the Sun

    The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do. -Galileo Galilei

    We've already noted my obsessive-compulsive organizational tendencies here. I assured you that it all started before the blog. But you wanted proof. I present the tallies of finished projects for 2005, with relevant comparisons to 2002, 2003, and 2004.

    The final photo of 2005:Clockwise from left: Heart hat, Dale lace baby cardigan, Toasty Toes socks, and a new ornament.

    The 63 knitted objects of 2005:
    • 19 pairs of socks
    • 7 Christmas ornaments
    • 7 hats
    • 5 baby hats
    • 4 pairs baby booties
    • 3 adult sweaters
    • 3 baby sweaters
    • 2 cell phone cozies
    • 2 dishcloths
    • 2 scarves
    • 2 pairs of mittens
    • 2 lace shawls
    • 2 sachets
    • 1 baby blanket
    • 1 area rug
    • 1 pair writst warmers
    • and a partridge in a pear tree
    In 2004, I made 28 pairs of socks, but only one adult sweater. In 2003, I made 20 pairs of socks, and in 2002, 22 pairs. Thus, I've made 89 pairs of socks total, so the Canal du Midi pair gathering dust over there on the sidebar is my 90th pair. Should we start planning the party for pair 100?

    Happy New Year. May your needles be slick, your yarn toasty, and all your seams straight in 2006.

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Chris said...

    Wow! And all that while in medical school? Very impressive!

    Defintely needs to be a party for pair #100. And it seems like that pair should be really special in some way.

    12/31/2005 10:09 AM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    FYI, I'm still holding your socks hostage. I need to wash them, and then they'll be sent along (with your box full of romance novels, some VHS tapes of dubious ownership, and a Mark Twain novel from the George School library that was left at my parents' house back in 2002...)

    12/31/2005 1:50 PM  
    Blogger Laura said...

    Whoa. That is some serious knitting!

    To answer the question you left on my blog -- Yes, I created a separate post for my completed KALs and "predated" it so that it would not show up as a new post. It was the only way I could think of to create other pages, and it works pretty well. I just edit it as I go along.

    12/31/2005 1:59 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kate D no longer has those socks - they're clean and ready to go! I will be sending them off to you tomorrow along with your books and tapes. It was great to have you here. Love your Web!

    1/01/2006 11:43 AM  
    Blogger Kristen said...

    holy moley; I am incredibly impressed and feel a bit unworthy. I can only hope to come as close to that this year. (and perhaps I can figure out a way to join you for a rotation nearby in CA my fourth year...) Cotton and sleeveless? that is, unfortunetly, a foreign concep to me...

    1/01/2006 6:53 PM  
    Blogger Susan said...

    Can I get your pattern for the partridge and tree? I'd like to make that next year - LOL. Very impressive list!

    1/01/2006 9:17 PM  
    Blogger Elinor said...

    My wrists and hands ache just reading that list! Well, I have to say that it is encouraging to know that it *is* possible to knit in med school!

    1/02/2006 4:39 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home