Life Is Choices
A second post today, because I have a pressing question. Let's contemplate this photo:This gorgeous sweater is from Vogue Knitting Fall 2004 (one of the best issues of any knitting magazine anywhere).
- Classic Elite Inca Alpaca (I'll let you pause for a moment of silent reflection)
- great color (the one in the photo is the one I have)
- a real pleasure to knit and wear
- I've started - I'm done the bottom ribbing on the back
- I can clearly knit more than one thing at a time - it won't be my only project
- a pattern that is just so me
- I fell in love with it when it came out, had to have it, and bought the yarn
- the center cable pattern is not charted
- it involves patterning on both the RS and WS
- alpaca is warm and toasty
- so why is it 3/4 sleeves
- with large eyelets in it?
- I'm moving to San Diego
- US 5 needles - this is an involved project
- I'm only done 2 inches of ribbing
- opportunity cost: I want to make Rogue, Ribby cardi, the Crossed in Translation KAL, fair isle mittens, more lace shawls . . .
- there are only so many hours in the day