Friday, December 23, 2005

  • Main Page
  • Cheerful Recollections

    Many merry Christmases, friendships,
    great accumulation of cheerful recollections,
    affection on earth, and Heaven at last for all of us.
    - Charles Dickens



    My, oh, my. What a beautiful hat. Let's all pause and reflect on it's beauty. Those cables. The softness. The warmth. (Trust me on these last two.) The best kind of friends - those who go to Alaska and bring you quiviut from the Oomingmak Musk-Ox Producers Cooperative. We are full of Christmas cheer over here. (The fact that this was a birthday present and that I made the hat a month ago are just red herrings. Christmas cheer. That's the ticket.)

    Are you distracted enough by it's beauty to note that I haven't yet sewn the buttons on my mom's cardigan?

    6 Comments:

    Blogger kate said...

    Beautiful hat! Did you use a pattern or make it up yourself?

    12/23/2005 8:52 AM  
    Blogger Theresa said...

    I made it up. The yarn actually came in a kit, but I wasn't in love with any of the patterns. It just said cables to me, so I went with the given CO number and added cables. Mind you, this was done entirely in one day as the passenger in a car exploring Martha's Vineyard in November - my companions were very impressed.

    12/23/2005 9:00 AM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Worked like charm. Now I'm just having quiviut envy and agreeing that indeed, those are the best kind of friends. Have any spares?!

    12/23/2005 12:02 PM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    Nice artsy photo, T. I'm impressed. I'm going to picture you wearing this hat with a halo surrounding you.

    Miss you. Washington just isn't the same after a 9-day visit from you!

    12/23/2005 7:27 PM  
    Blogger Lynda said...

    You bet I'm distracted - that's a beautiful hat!! I do, I do like your hat!

    12/23/2005 10:33 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    nice hat does it fit?

    12/25/2005 12:47 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home