Monday, March 02, 2009

  • Main Page
  • In Like a Lion, or a Lamb

    When you realize how perfect everything is
    you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.
    -Buddha

    Sometimes it's great to live in Southern California. I know my mom is happy about her snow day today, but she did just get plane tickets to come see me. Probably for weekends like this. This weekend I had a brief respite from a crazy call schedule and actually got 2 whole days off. In a row. Imagine that! I spent the last day of February roller-blading around Mission Bay Park, which is pretty much straight out of a movie set. Wind in my hair, music in my iPod. Kites. Laughing children. Lots of palm trees.

    I then spent the first day of March finishing my husband's cotton anniversary sweater and watching the end of Veronica Mars, Season 1 with my deployment buddy. (Teen girl noir, filmed in San Diego, what's not to love?) That was after a rather distressing attempt to buy cute sundresses for the coming home that's coming up. I know it's a recession and all, but by the time I haven't seen my husband for seven months, I'm really not wearing gray or black. I spend far too much time daydreaming about making the cover of Life magazine!

    Regardless, March promises to be a good month. Out of the ICU onto the less-punishing call schedule of the wards, flowers blooming everywhere, and - not least of all - the end of the deployment is in sight. I don't mean soon, exactly, but at least in sight. (It's also classified, so you'll probably hear about it next when you see us looking really cute and happy on the cover of life magazine. Right after the Obamas get a Portugese Water Dog like my parents' dog.)

    I did a great deal of knitting this weekend, and I have a whole bunch of stockinette stitch hanging out, courtesy of the ICU. I've also been a bit lax in my blogging habit, so I'm going to get back on an even-day blogging schedule. Consider today a bit of a catch up, and a sneak peak:

    Seaming of the anniversary sweater:The beginnings of Laila's Stockings in a delightful blue and gold:
    Finally done with Bondegard, featuring the world's most adorable buttons: Stay tuned for a veritable parade of FOs and WIPs.

    Labels: , , ,

    6 Comments:

    Blogger Kristen said...

    I'm dreaming of your glorious weather as we in RI are surrounded by yet more snow.
    Those are adorable duckies!

    3/03/2009 3:43 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't wait to see you on the cover of Life!

    3/03/2009 4:08 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Good luck with the Life cover! I hope you find the appropriate dress. Perhaps Michelle Obama can help? I think she would recommend J. Crew. :)

    Oooh, the anniversary sweater sneak peek looks great, and those really are quite adorable buttons.

    3/03/2009 8:45 AM  
    Blogger Kim said...

    Those really are the most adorable buttons on the planet.

    3/03/2009 10:36 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love the buttons! So happy J will be home soon. Wish I could know the (tentative) time frame :)

    3/03/2009 11:49 AM  
    Blogger carolyninAlaska said...

    Those are the most perfect buttons for that sweater design!

    3/03/2009 4:10 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home