Wednesday, February 18, 2009

  • Main Page
  • All Those Smiles

    Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.
    -Thich Nhat Hahn

    It feels like I'm blogging more than I am. What happens is that every other time I go to work, I stay overnight for 30 hours. So what is really two days, feels like one. I finally had a somewhat-less-than-completely-crazy call night last night, which means that this afternoon post-call I was able to do useful things. Like go to the gym, read a delightfully trashy novel, and wind yarn.

    I really do have a big NaKniSweMoDo post half-written to fill you in on all the sweaters I'm making. So many that I ran out of baskets to hold my Works-In-Progress and discovered that one of my many, many tote bags is actually perfect, and even color-coordinated.

    But as I ramble, I know you all want to know who got lucky and won the yarn. Since my Peace Fleece good fortune was random, I went to the random number generator at random.org. Good fortune knows no boundaries.

    The winner of the Briggs and Little was Cheryl:
    Cheryl said...

    Something that made me smile and laugh was the Valentine's card that I got from someone who I work with.It's the little day to day kindnesses and shared experiences along the way that mean the most to building friendships. And laughter, which I did when I first read the envelope.It did not have my name on it, it said, PUT THE KNITTING NEEDLES DOWN!!!!! Now, this is a friendship I hope will last a long time. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL.


    And the winner of the Peace Fleece is KC.

    KC said...

    African violets made me smile.
    My boyfriend loves African violets so I got him one last year for Valentines Day. Over the summer I rooted several cuttings so we now have them all over the house. This year for Valentines Day he took me to a garden center and we got three more so we can fill our house with color and little symbols of love. I smile every time I see one.

    Aren't they lovely stories? Thanks to everyone for sharing their happy thoughts last week.

    The winners should email me at knittingunderway AT gmail DOT com so we can work out minor details like mailing addresses, and Peace Fleece selections.

    Labels: , ,

    6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oh, how sweet it is to have a post-call day to do whatever you want because you're not completely done in from the night on call! Use them wisely. (This from a girl currently on nights and since it's Wed/Thursday I'm completely shifted and aren't the least bit tired, though could have been asleep for 3 hours now.)

    2/19/2009 1:51 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Congratulations to the winners!

    2/19/2009 5:15 AM  
    Blogger Emily said...

    Congratulations winners! I have to say, I love that african violet story!

    2/19/2009 5:33 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wow that is one long day! There where many lovely stories on your last post.
    Congrats to the winners! :)

    2/23/2009 12:28 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Congrats to the winners! I am excited to hear about all your sweater plans. Some projects here are finally getting finished as well. Yay!

    2/27/2009 1:01 PM  
    Blogger Katie said...

    Ooh! Which trashy novel did you read during your post-call afternoon of useful things?

    3/01/2009 2:41 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home