Friday, February 06, 2009

  • Main Page
  • One Down

    You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love;
    the running across fields into your lover's arms
    can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip.
    -Jonathan Carroll

    Since my regular photographer is off serving our country, making the world safe for democracy, and getting himself rather beat up for the sake of wearing a different color belt (boys will be boys), I had to take my own finished object photos. (Do note the quotation above; taking my own photos here is akin to tripping.)

    I tried . . . In spite of my bad hair day . . . Outdoors, indoors . . . Left, right, center . . . And then I called it good enough for a photo montage.Hopefully you can get a vague idea of just how great this sweater is.

    Cable Down Raglan
    Pattern: Stephanie Japel from Interweave Knits, best of, among others
    Yarn: mystery wool bought off eBay circa 2001 - I believe this might be my oldest stash yarn!
    Needles: US 7
    Notes: Great pattern, fun to knit top down. No mods - just kept trying it on!
    Best Thing About This Project: It's a toss-up between finally putting this albatross of the stash has been put to good use, and finally buying a scale to measure my yarn.

    In fact, I was so happy with this, my first finished sweater of NaKniSweMoDo, that I immediately cast about on the interwebs for my next projects. I fell in love with Acer after seeing Margene's version and Sarah's version on the same day. So I bought some Beaverslide. Always wanted to try that. Then I saw that Fiddlesticks Knitting (some of my favorite Canadians) was having a special offer to celebrate the Blooming Cardigan on the cover of IK. Of course I had to celebrate with them. But then they arrived, and I immediately saw the problem: Am I predictable, or what? These colors are just a little too close. So I bought some Peace Fleece. And that's a story for another day . . . Stay tuned for a big give-away this week!

    Labels: , ,

    21 Comments:

    Blogger Mary P said...

    Your sweater is gorgeous! I love the color and the pattern.

    2/07/2009 4:39 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Love it! I've had this one in my queue forever....

    2/07/2009 5:54 PM  
    Blogger Claire said...

    Luscious tweed-it says it all!

    Love your sweater, and you did a great job photographing it all by yourself :)

    2/07/2009 6:35 PM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    I was kind of wondering why we hadn't heard from you - you've been busy knitting. The results are great. The sweater is beautiful and fits you well. Good job!

    2/07/2009 7:35 PM  
    Blogger Lorette said...

    Great sweater! I love that lavender color.

    And I also love that you bought two sweaters' worth of yarn in exactly the same color! Hopefully the PF isn't also blue...

    2/07/2009 7:42 PM  
    Blogger Kristen said...

    The raglan looks lovely on you. We are on the same wavelength- I was scoping out that sweater yesterday to add to my queue. Also, I am in the midst of knitting the Blooming Cardi for my daughter, who chose to have the same color of blue Luscious Tweed as the cover sweater.

    2/08/2009 5:36 AM  
    Blogger margene said...

    I can see the sweater is wonderful, fits great and you have a nice smile on your face when you wear it! That's the important part of any knit.
    Most of my upcoming sweaters are gray. We are predictable.

    2/08/2009 5:58 AM  
    Blogger Knitting Up North said...

    Great sweater, T! Love SC

    2/08/2009 6:00 AM  
    Blogger Kat said...

    Nothing wrong with being predictable. The blues are gorgeous.

    The FO looks great.

    2/08/2009 6:16 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love this sweater, it's on my to-knit list. You certainly have a knack for making sweaters that fit and flatter you!

    2/08/2009 6:21 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, that mystery yarn turned out great!

    How funny about the new yarn. I do the same thing, though. We like what we like. They both look beautiful anyway.

    2/08/2009 11:25 AM  
    Blogger knitzalot said...

    The sweater turned out really niice!

    2/08/2009 11:26 AM  
    Blogger Beth said...

    Ha! I love the quote. And I think your sweater is gorgeous.

    2/08/2009 1:20 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is just beautiful on you! Fantastic job!

    2/08/2009 11:03 PM  
    Blogger kim tori said...

    Oh, but the blue colour is stunning! The new sweater is gorgeous too.

    2/09/2009 12:56 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOVE the photoshoot - shows what we go through to try to get a picture!! and yes i definitely can see how great it is!! A gorgeous pullover!
    I'm working down the sleeve of my Peace Fleece Acer - I think you'll enjoy it - such nice simple lines.

    2/09/2009 6:57 AM  
    Blogger Emily said...

    Good job on the sweater!

    I've been in a red phase recently, so I share your color pain.

    2/09/2009 8:49 AM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    I REALLY love this sweater - the color, the pattern and, it looks great on you! What can I say? If you love a color, you love it!

    2/10/2009 6:23 AM  
    Blogger Jenny Raye said...

    Saw that you are going to make Acer--had to check out the pattern on Rav, and Margene's is gorgeous! I have 7 skeins of the Fisherman's in Prairie Aster. Even though I have an almost completed sweater in need of fixing before it can be finished, I may just cast on Acer tonight at knitting. Thanks for the heads up on the pattern. Love your cable down raglan.

    2/19/2009 1:36 PM  
    Blogger Laurie said...

    So funny! I like the photo montage. I can never get pictures of myself that don't look like fun house mirror shots.

    Both blues work for me. :)

    2/21/2009 6:58 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What happened to your hair?

    3/31/2009 9:54 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home